SVP, Demand Marketing & User Acquisition
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
ViacomCBS is seeking an SVP, Demand Marketing and User Acquisition to lead Marketing Acquisition for our International Streaming business in more than 180 countries! The SVP will coordinate our international growth strategy, with the objective of reaching subscriber acquisition targets and driving DTC revenue. They will own monthly active users for our free services, as well as subscribers for pay platforms, and champion the customer journey. This SVP will manage the data driven full growth funnel marketing for OTT, based on rapid experimentation and validated learning. The candidate will lead the central team that will be responsible for both top of the funnel and lower funnel/growth performances, and also defines the most efficient and effective way to execute through territories in our international markets.
We are looking for a proven executive who has experience managing growth and building infrastructure to drive streaming audience acquisition. It's a fantastic role for someone who thrives at the intersection of Marketing, Media, Data and Tech! The role reports to the SVP of Marketing, Growth, Data & Analytics of International Streaming.
• Lead the charge on cutting edge marketing growth goals and initiatives.
• Strategically direct and manage all performance and growth activities to reach subscription acquisition goals and drive audience acquisition.
• Build, hire, lead and inspire a team.
• Lead all the acquisition marketing functions. Develop the team in charge of all aspects of demand marketing including DTC performance marketing, media planning & buying.
• Lead on full funnel attribution, run performance campaigns and overall media plans in every region.
• Delivering the Growth goals around Subscribers, SAC/CAC, LTV, Funnel efficiency, Churn and ARPU.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other teams (products, growth) and be able to differentiate different variables by acquisition channel.
• Work with data & analytics to drive the implementation and creation of the marketing tech stack and analytics tools.
• Partner with US Ad Ops and Acquisition Marketing Team on product development.
• Managing the relation with the global media agency to successfully buy measure and report on media performances. Negotiate global deals with both the global agency and media platforms.
• Build marketing automation for acquisition, by testing and development of tools and processes.
• A/B testing coordination with the HQ Team. Work together with HQ product team to implement a UX/UI that optimizes products/subscriber's growth (onboarding flow for instance).
• Own and present to senior leadership key performance metrics around customer acquisition, cost per new customer.
• Bring to bear opportunities for new initiatives, products, and subscription services.
• Develop and direct live-streaming, digital and social media marketing priorities & initiatives.
• Support the Business Development function aligned to marketing strategy, research, and execution. Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions.
• 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: customer acquisition, product marketing or channel marketing, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Experience driving subscription & revenue.
• Extensive experience in data science, preferably within the streaming industry.
• Understanding of and passion for the entertainment industry.
• Experience building and growing high-performing teams. Capacity to build a team and navigate within a highly matrixed organization.
• Deep understanding of streaming and digital data strategies, analytics and ability to translate insights into critical metrics.
• Proven track record in building performance data ecosystems to support decision making processes.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
• Excellent organization, project management, and problem-solving skills.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to lead multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability and flexibility to adapt to changes in schedules and delivery. Comfortable with changing business priorities.
• Advanced understanding of overall cross-platform attribution.
• Track record of success in developing and optimizing marketing automation tools.
• Creative problem-solving ability.
• Ability to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously.