Staff Writer, Popculture.Com
Full Time Job
Staff Writer, POPCulture.com (Evenings and Weekends)
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
PopCulture.com is an entertainment media website for a generation passionate about larger than life celebrities and eager for all kinds of entertainment news. PopCulture reaches 15M unique users each month and is the go-to source for all things television, celebrity, trending news, and entertainment culture. If you are obsessed with pop culture come join us!
PopCulture is seeking a Staff Writer who will be primarily responsible for writing daily news desk articles that include but are not limited to reality TV news, celebrities, and general trending news. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated abliity to work with the PopCulture editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a writer, you will be responsible for producing a set amount of articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow PopCulture's influence in key areas.
• Collaborate with editorial team to produce the best of the best content
• Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
• Help seek out trending news items that will move the needle
• Write at least 8 stories per shift
• Knowledge of data-based writing ensuring PopCulture stays at the top of each news cycle
• 2 years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
• Strong understanding of mainstream TV, celebrity culture, entertainment news, sports culture and online trends
• Detailed knowledge of the most current entertainment news cycles
• Proven ability to produce quality writing for the internet under tight deadlines
• Bachelor's in Journalism, Online Media or equivalent, preferred
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to PopCulture news desk workflow and content production strongly preferred