Sr. Director, Software Engineering, Video
ParamountLos Angeles, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/19/2022 3:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Director, Software Engineering, Video jobs in Los Angeles-NY
Search all Sr. Director, Software Engineering, Video postings
Full Time Job
*This is a 100% remote job opportunity*
Paramount Streaming is a division of Paramount Global that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV and Paramount . Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
As a Sr. Director, Software Engineering of Video on the Paramount engineering team, you will be responsible for the product development, delivery, and operational support of our digital products spanning multiple platforms including Web, Apple, Android, Roku, and web-connected devices.
The ideal candidate is a veteran software engineer working with either web or native application development technologies and methodologies. This role will be responsible for leading the direction of our video experience engineering teams. Coordinating across multiple cross-functional, global, agile development teams.
• Empower, mentor, and lead passionate engineers and engineering teams.
• Estimation and decomposition of user stories into technical requirements, acceptance criteria, and concrete tasks.
• Cultivating software quality. Defining and implementing processes related to the software development lifecycle, including style guidelines, code reviews, testing practices, build process, delivery, and deployment!
• Manage an engineering roadmap and partner with our product teams to evaluate new projects and collaborate on the product roadmap!
• Work with embedded QA teams to develop test plans for existing and new functionality and features.
• Producing and maintaining user documentation
• Delivering high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code
• Designing robust and scalable solutions in accordance with current industry standards
• Production level support of our live applications, including incident response and performing root cause analysis
• Keeping up to date with modern software development technologies and sharing the knowledge with other team members
• Work with operations teams to coordinate plans for live events and to provide all necessary tools to monitor our live streaming infrastructure
• 5 years of professional experience in software engineering
• 2 years of experience in leading and mentoring software engineers and agile teams.
• 5 years of Experience designing, building, testing, and deploying production-ready applications, scalable, apps, and websites.
• Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards
• Experience with container formats, transmuting and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
• Understanding of various DRM schemes like AES-128, Fairplay, Playready, Widevine.
• Content Delivery Networks and their caching models (Fastly, Akamai, CloudFront, etc.)
• Client and Server-side Ad Insertion
• Experience and expertise in agile methodologies including scrum and Kanban
• Willingness to learn new languages, frameworks, and techniques
• Curiosity, desire to learn, and contribute to, and improve our products, software development lifecycle, and engineering culture
• Proficient with related infrastructure, ecosystems, and/or app store deployments for your chosen platforms. Development environments, build tools, etc.
• General understanding of our supported video delivery platforms: Web, Apple, Google, Roku, Web Connected
• Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards preferred
• Familiarity with one or more of the following: AVPlayer, Exoplayer, Media Source Extensions and Encrypted Media Extensions
You may also have
• Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
• Experience with video player analytics integrations and troubleshooting (Conviva, Mux, NPAW, CMCD)
• Strong working knowledge of internet protocols and delivery methodologies (CDNs, HTTP, DNS, BGP)
• Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
#LI - NS1
#LI - Remote