Sr. Devops Cloud Engineer, Advanced Production Technologies
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/21/2023 7:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr. Devops Cloud Engineer, Advanced Production Technologies jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sr. Devops Cloud Engineer, Advanced Production Technologies postings
Full Time Job
Sr. DevOps Cloud Engineer, Advanced Production Technologies (REMOTE)
Department: CBS Sports Digital
CBS Sports Digital, a division of Paramount, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. Paramounts brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites!
• This engineering role will provide technical expertise and technical support for design, upgrades, system administration, maintenance and failure recovery for CBS Sports Digital's Cloud Production Environment. Work closely with our internal technology teams to ensure accurate operational alignment and monitoring of core production systems. Coordinate our Cloud technology across multiple Availability Zones. Varied and extended hours may include weekends, holidays, on-call, and potential travel.
• 24/7 responsibility for integrity of automation and Production IT infrastructure.
• Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem.
• Responsible for integrity of automation for deployment and scale of cloud production infrastructure.
• Oversee maintenance of the cloud ecosystem, software upgrades and infrastructure changes.
• Maintain security standards to and from entry points in the cloud production environment.
• Drive innovation in the production space to create efficiencies across acquisition to delivery in cloud based workflows including Asset management, production switching
• Recommend and drive implementation of scale optimization for our cloud infrastructure.
• Work with management on implementation of operations processes.
• Maintain software version history and compliance with event operations.
• Author and publish technical documentation to build operations knowledge base.
• Development of ticketing and support workflows to better assist production operations.
• Design and implement, maintain a CI/CD pipeline for rapid iteration and prototyping.
• Building automation and deployment dashboards for end users.
What you bring to the team:
You have â€''
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 7 years' experience working in premise and off premise production engineering and architecture.
• Dynamically and optimally communicate with production to meet the operational needs of the business.
• Make clear sound decisions under pressure and rapidly changing situations.
• Solid background in video production and or OTT platforms.
• Must have a strong working knowledge for operation of advanced Cloud platforms architecture.
• Mastery in AWS full suite of services.
• Must have solid working knowledge of premise and off premise production technologies, broadcast tools and scalable architecture design.
• Proficiencies in microservice platform development and management.
• Understanding of automation tools like Cloud Formation and containerization.
• Proficient understanding of high availability and business continuity strategies.
• Proven understanding of CI/CD pipeline methodologies.
• Familiar with dashboarding tools like Grafana.
• Proficient in scripting in powershell, Python and other serverless architecture.
• Understanding of containerization technology.
• Multi-Cloud diversity is a plus.
Hiring Salary Range: $125,000.00 - 150,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.