Sr. Business Analyst Manager, Participations Systems
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2023 2:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Business Analyst Manager, Participations Systems jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sr. Business Analyst Manager, Participations Systems postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
This position will be responsible for acting as the primary IT contact for multiple participations business teams, and as the functional and business process expert for several systems, including but not limited to TV PARIS (Participations and Residuals) and Media Maestro participations management system. The objective will be to provide value to the business through effective process analysis, requirements development and documentation. This individual will manage medium-sized projects or a portfolio of small projects where there is complexity, visibility/priority and risk to the business. The ideal candidate will be very hard-working, highly organized, resourceful, detail-oriented and analytical with familiarity with key accounting concepts and the ability to multi-task. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and interest in learning more about the entertainment industry.
to include, but not limited to:
• Lead requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements.
• Understand business processes and user needs to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
• Analyze business operations and processes to understand strengths and weaknesses and support the identification of opportunities for automation. Proactively identify opportunities for process automation and may lead any resulting process redesign efforts.
• Work with PARIS and Media Maestro subject matter experts and end-users in order to create business process flow diagrams, data flow diagram, functional designs and test cases
• Ensure accuracy of functional requirements/specifications for handoff to development team.
• Manage integrations with IT workstreams on TV PARIS and Media Maestro for system modifications and issue resolution
• Manage vendor relationship with Media Maestro service provider to be responsive to business needs
• Track progress of projects to ensure alignment to requirements; manage any deviations from requirements to ensure resolution.
• Provide recommendations to users on appropriate solutions, along with guidance concerning the business implications of application development projects.
• Review test plans and scripts against requirements for completeness and accuracy.
• Manage medium-sized projects or a portfolio of small projects, including developing project plans, managing the project schedule and budget to meet deliverables, assigning work to project staff, managing project scope and reporting, and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
• Prepare training materials, such as system manuals and quick reference guides, and conduct training sessions; act as functional expert and mentor developers on business processes of PARIS modules and Media Maestro.
• Conduct feasibility, risk, regulatory compliance, and ROI analyses for proposed projects as needed. Present a recommendation related to project feasibility.
• Provide ongoing support to the business by responding to a variety of inquiries and issues regarding the systems or processes in the business area, ensuring efficient resolution with minimal impact to business performance.
• Minimum 7 years of Information Technology work experience
• Minimum 5 years of Information Technology Business Analysis experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience documenting business requirements and processes
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum 5 years of experience defining, documenting and conducting systems tests
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft productivity tools such as PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and Excel
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with both business users and technical team members
• Ability to develop expertise in both technologies and business processes quickly
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive requirements, design and testing
• Ability to communicate functional requirements to technical team members
• Experience preparing training materials and conducting business user training sessions
• General understanding of IT concepts, including networks, security, servers, storage, applications, infrastructure and governance
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Experience with Royalties, Third Party Participations and/or Residuals systems
• Experience with Financial Systems
• Experience with SharePoint
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience working with multiple lines of business and systems
• Experience creating system wireframes and/or user interface design
• Ability to manage and influence relationships and engage team members.
Hiring Salary Range: $145,000.00 - 160,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.