Social Media Manager, Sports
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Our team at Paramount is looking for a Social Media Manager to spearhead our social strategy for promoting Sports on Paramount . This role will lead our coverage of live sports on social media and collaborate with partners in CBS Sports to brainstorm and produce unique social creative for our channels.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the language and intricacies of the NFL and UEFA and how to create content optimized for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. This position reports to the VP of Social, Paramount .
• Craft the social media strategy and promotional plan for Live Sports on Paramount (on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and more).
• Cover live sports programming on CBS
• Regularly communicate/collaborate with partners within the CBS Sports department to align on promotional strategies and messaging
• Brainstorm and execute unique social creative for the Paramount social channels
• Build content plans/calendars for coverage of Sports on Paramount
• Work with social designers and video editors to build editorial and promotional content
• Track & analyze the performance and results of campaigns and initiatives, create social recap reports, and present key takeaways to executives and stakeholders
• Study competitor strategies, industry trends, and keep up to date on breaking sports news
• Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• 5 years of experience producing custom social content and managing brand social accounts, preferably in Sports or entertainment.
• Willingness to adapt working schedule to cover primetime sporting events, often on nights and weekends
• Passion for all sports, particularly NFL and UEFA
• Ability to work under very fast turnaround times
• Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each.
• Experience directly supervising social media professionals
• Meticulous attention to detail, including appropriate grammar and brand voice consistency.
• Ability to see the broader picture of social as it relates to the streaming landscape.
• Phenomenal communication skills and ability to speak to all levels of management.
• Ability to mine and synthesize social and site data to develop content quickly against social trends.
• Candidate will be required to provide samples of prior work.