Social Media Coordinator Production
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount , CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Our social and native video teams are responsible for developing and producing compelling stories-as told through video, editorial, and social platforms. We promote programming from Paramount which includes movies, live sports, breaking news with a mountain of entertainment from the ViacomCBS brands such as CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, and Smithsonian! Our team optimizes the best of Paramount content to drive audience, engagement, retention and revenue. We use data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape while recognizing opportunities for innovation that is continually evolving!
Our team at Paramount is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to support the social team in the execution of social strategies and campaigns f or the Paramount brand handles. This role will be responsible for day-to-day post scheduling, community management, and asset organization. The ideal candidate should be passionate about the entertainment space, stay up to date on the latest social trends, and love to brainstorm and develop unique social creative. This position reports to the Social Manager for Paramount .
include, but are not limited to:
• Support development of social content calendars and handle daily publishing across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
• Write copy for social posts and work with social producers and creative team members to workshop, edit, and publish
• Assists in asset development and track due dates to support social rollout calendars
• Assist with community management across social channels. Actively engage and respond to followers and brainstorm tactics to stimulate social conversation.
• Monitor mentions, identify social buzz, and help ideate content that will support key social KPIs
• Implement data tagging on all posts to support ongoing analysis of social performance
• Assist in gathering sentiment and performance feedback on social media posts
• Work with social producers, content strategists, and creative team members to brainstorm and develop strategies and tactics in support of Paramount programming
• Conduct competitive research assignments as needed
• Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Minimum 1-2 years of social media experience, preferably in entertainment
• Strong copywriting skills and an adaptable writing and content style for a range of genres
• Must be detail-oriented and a stickler for grammar and consistency in voice
• Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each
• Experience building social media assets like gifs, images, and polls
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends if necessary
• Must be able to provide samples of prior work
• Experience working in the entertainment industry or agency
• An active interest in television, pop culture, and/or digital media
• Basic photo and video editing experience
• BS/BA Degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred