Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2023 10:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs, Global Content Distribution & Acquisition
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount is looking for a Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs, to support the Global Content Distribution and Acquisitions group. The position will be based in our office in Los Angeles and report to the EVP, Legal Affairs. The Legal Affairs team performs an important function in helping achieve the commercial objectives of the business while minimizing legal risk to the company. Applicants must enjoy working in a very fast paced, team-oriented atmosphere within a constantly evolving industry.
• Perform legal affairs functions in connection with the acquisition of distribution rights to feature film and episodic content; responsibilities also include legal affairs functions in connection with co-financing, language remake and channel distribution deals
• Draft and negotiate agreements related to the acquisition of distribution rights to third party content, including acquisition/distribution agreements, security agreements (including copyright mortgage and assignments), interparty agreements and completion guaranties
• Work closely with business teams to structure, negotiate and advise on content acquisition/distribution deals, including advising on deal strategy
• Collaborate with, provide advice to and synthesize feedback from operations, accounting, marketing, IP, labor relations and other teams
• Consult on the administration, management and interpretation of existing agreements
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned and directed by the EVP, Legal Affairs
• Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 15 years of legal experience and 12 years of legal experience within the entertainment industry (either in-house or at a top law firm)
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials
• Career to date should include significant direct experience as the lead attorney for a large volume of acquisition/distribution agreements
• Experience with co-financing, language remake and/or channel distribution work is preferred
• Strong analytical abilities, excellent writing/drafting skills and teamwork-oriented attitude
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and fellow employees
• Ability to analyze transactions and risks from a sound pragmatic and commercial perspective, while maintaining professionalism and technical expertise
• Excellent organizational skills â€'' ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• High integrity and judgment in managing confidential / sensitive information
• Willingness to work effectively and timely across time zones with colleagues and clients throughout the globe
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive listing of all duties, responsibilities, accountabilities, knowledge or skills associated with this job.
Hiring Salary Range: $268,800.00 - 300,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.