Senior Motion Designer
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hiring Salary Range: $95,000.00 - 110,000.00
Overview & Responsibilities
An integral part of the Design Team, the Senior Motion Designer will develop inspiring concepts and designs across multiple brands and franchises. They will work independently as well as closely with the VP of Motion Design, Creative Directors, Writer/Producers, Marketing, Art Directors and other designers to concept, design and execute innovative creative. Meticulous attention to detail and execution of inspired ideas - at times under tight deadlines. Will be responsible for designs from concept to final production and presentation of projects for approval.
• Close collaboration with teams large or small, being responsive to their needs and assisting them in finding the best use of motion
• Concept and execute innovative concepts & designs.
• Design, animate, and edit standalone motion graphics packages.
• Create and Deliver Cohesive creative across franchise deliverables.
• Produce creative solutions based on various clientsâ€™ business needs.
• Pitch ideas & work to team and clients.
• Contribute in a high volume fast paced team environment.
• Ensure that all work is informed by and reinforces the brand strategy while delivering on marketing and programming goals.
• Work to maintain freshness, creative excellence, and a level of innovation that will uphold and improve the brands.
• Keep up to date with what is going on in the fields of design and technology and television. Use acquired knowledge to inform work and push boundaries.
• Direct the work of outside contractors as needed
• Contribute to work culture, encourage others!
• BA Degree in Graphic Design or related field
• 5 years professional experience
• Complete knowledge of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs -- Mac OS, Photoshop, After Effects, familiarity with 3D applications ( Maya / Cinema 4D ), and a working knowledge of Final Cut
• A strong understanding of layout, type, logo design
• Excellent communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
• Ability to meet deadlines while working independently and with a team
• Must be able to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent creative, conceptual and critical thinking abilities.
• Ability to visualize innovative solutions beyond the simple use of software, including designing for Effects and Live Action concepts.
• Ability to match style to specific project.
• Experience with Streaming Platforms a plus
• A strong understanding of design systems and after effects templating
• Strong discipline and organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously under strict deadlines
Hiring Salary Range: $95,000.00 - 110,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.