Senior Manager, Public Relations
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Paramount is currently seeking a PR senior manager based in the New York office. This position will help drive the publicity efforts for original programming by leading day-to-day press relations, while also chipping in to the overall communications strategy for Paramount 's current and upcoming slate.
Under direction of the director of public relations, the senior manager will coordinate responses to media requests, craft story angles and proactive pitches, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, and support series and talent-focused events such as premieres and press junkets.
In addition, the senior manager will work closely with the Paramount streaming communications team and cross-functional internal teams. This role will also work with counterparts throughout the broader Paramount Global corporation, including its studio and entertainment functions. Join our growing team!
• Pitch programming and related stories to trade and consumer press, lead incoming media requests, and develop close working relationships with members of the media.
• Help with organization of panels, satellite media tours, set visits, press junkets, screenings and special events (premieres, festivals, etc.).
• Cover talent press opportunities including interviews, press junkets and events.
• Assist in the development of crafting talking points, press releases, status reports, press lists and other materials.
• Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for Paramount Originals.
• Assist in handling award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gathering supporting materials.
• Work with the photo team to help handle unit photography coverage.
• Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support series launch campaigns.
• 5 years of hands-on media relations experience in the television/entertainment industry is needed, preferably with previous streaming publicity experience.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Proven ability to build communication campaigns that align with business objectives.
• Motivated self-starter who is able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
• Highly organized, professional, motivated, and extremely detail-oriented with strong prioritization skills.
• Demonstrates understanding and experience of working across various internal client groups
• Creative ability to generate new story angles.
• Work well with pressure, meet deadlines, and simultaneously handle multiple projects.
• Must be a strategic problem solver who is a dedicated and responsive teammate.
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.