Senior Manager, Pricing & Inventory
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Does the challenge of optimizing the revenue potential of one of the largest media organizations in the world excite you? Do you possess the self-confidence to make hard decisions? Are you curious and have a natural love of numbers? If so, please consider applying for the Senior Manager position in ViacomCBS Yield Management group. The goal of the Yield group is simple: grow revenue not simply by selling more, but rather by selling more efficiently. This team reports into the SVP of Sales Strategy & Planning.
We're looking for data wizards who can fluently travel between the worlds of spreadsheets, operations, sales, strategy, and marketing - seamlessly processing challenges and stringing solutions across points.
Yield brings analyses and insights to people at all levels of the ViacomCBS organization, but its core responsibilities revolve around how inventory is measured, packaged, and priced. The team helps the sales team shape individual proposals and keeps track of how those proposals collectively consume inventory. Every month this translates into an inventory puzzle with billions of individual pieces, and by guiding how these pieces are assembled, the Yield team contributes to the overall revenue growth.
To the applicant, the role offers the following: The Yield Senior Manager works with a diverse group within the company and has the opportunity to work on projects that cross departments and functions. Yield Analysts are relied on subject matter authorities, and contribute to projects with significant visibility
Include but not limited to:
• Leadership of Yield Function - develop Yield Objectives and strategy
• Oversight of sales proposals by providing input on product mix, inventory availability, and pricing.
• Present ad hoc reporting to senior management. This involves writing SQL queries for large data sets to identify business critical important metrics and building reports and dashboards directly from the data warehouse.
• Guide product strategy and roll out by working with multiple teams Monitor and optimize active campaigns.
• Partner with FP&A & business intelligence teams to manage revenue forecasting and budgeting.
• Streamline business processes to mitigate problems that lead to revenue losses.
• Stay informed of marketplace trends (streaming, DTC, measurement, PMP) and apply findings to strategy for emerging lines of business such as Paramount .
• Direct Management of one or more staff members
• BS/BA degree in a quantitative/ problem solving field (or equivalent training and experience)
• 5 years related work experience.
• People Management Skills
• Advanced Excel/Google Sheets & PowerPoint/Google Slides skills
• SQL experience
• Experience with Data Visualization such as Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI
• Exposure to Sales or Media Organization
• Direct contribution to negotiation
• The ability to collaborate effectively within the Yield Team as well as engage seamlessly with partners across all of ViacomCBS is essential to success
• Candidates should display both a natural curiosity and a talent for finding the signal through the noise
• Experience with a digital ad server such as GAM or Freewheel.
• Experience with order management software such as Operative and/or SalesForce