Sr Manager Live Streaming Ops
ParamountFort Lauderdale, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/13/2022 3:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr Manager Live Streaming Ops jobs in Fort Lauderdale-NY
Search all Sr Manager Live Streaming Ops postings
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Truly premium content. The team for Paramount is responsible for servicing Paramount's premium online content around the world. Weâ€™re home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek Discovery, The Good Fight, Twilight Zone) and also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy content across all of Paramount's global brands (such as Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Smithsonian, MTV, BET, etc).
Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports.
We are the Global Video Streaming Services Tech & Video Operations, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS Digital & Paramount applications and sites. We are also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
Paramount is seeking a Senior Manager of Live Streaming Operations to manage distribution of hundreds of live events for Paramount to Roku, Amazon, YouTube or Apple. The ideal candidate will be the main operational point of contact for one of these platforms for any live event that streams on the Paramount service. This person will ensure events are provisioned correctly to seamless flow from Paramount to Roku, Amazon, YouTube or Apple, with support systems put in place in advance to ensure viewers get a flawless experience.
• Responsible for regular meetings with contacts to ensure key operational details are shared.
• Responsible for scheduling live events for their service.
• Will join regular product meetings with their team when they apply to the Paramount streams.
• Responsible for setting up live event communications with both the Paramount team and Roku, Amazon, YouTube or Apple.
• Serves as the main point of contact during live events windows. Communication includes check-ins when events go live and regular status updates during the event. Sends post-game summaries to stakeholders.
• Share information about Ad requirements.
• Ensures events are tested according to a schedule developed with Roku, Amazon, YouTube or Apple.
• Hires and trains other staff members as needed, especially as the event catalog grows.
What you bring to the team:
You have â€''
• At least 5 years in Live TV or a Live Streaming role, with an emphasis on live sporting events.
• Strong knowledge of OTT video distribution/contribution technology and architecture.
• Understanding of MVPD-based linear ecosystem and working knowledge of OTT video distribution technology/architecture.
• Familiarity with both cloud-based acquisition workflows and more traditional satellite/fiber workflows.
• Strong knowledge of live streaming workflows and encryption technologies.
• Proven track record as a problem solver in stressful situations.
• Impeccable communication skills. Comfortable presenting information to executives in multiple organizations.
• Must provide consumption reports to key stakeholders.