Senior Manager, Live Streaming Partner Operations
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are the Global Video Streaming Services Tech & Video Operations, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS Digital & Paramount applications and sites. We are also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
Paramount is seeking a Senior Manager of Live Streaming Operations to manage distribution of hundreds of live events and linear channels for Paramount to a growing list of global distribution partners. The ideal candidate will be the main operational point of contact for select partners for any live event or linear streams on the Paramount service. This person will ensure events and linear streams are provisioned accurately to seamless flow from Paramount to the partners, with support systems put in place in advance to ensure viewers get a flawless experience! Does this sound interesting to you?
• Responsible for regular meetings with designated partner contacts to ensure key operational details are shared.
• We are responsible for scheduling live events for partner service.
• Will join regular product and operational meetings.
• Responsible for setting up live event communications with both the Paramount team and designated partners.
• Serves as the main point of contact during live events windows. Communication includes check-ins when events go live and regular status updates during the event. Sends post-game summaries to stakeholders.
• Share information about Ad requirements.
• Ensures events are tested according to a schedule developed with streaming partners.
• Hires and trains other staff members as needed, especially as the event catalog grows.
• At least 5 years in Live TV or a Live Streaming role, with an emphasis on live sporting events.
• Strong knowledge of OTT video distribution/contribution technology and architecture.
• Understanding of MVPD-based linear ecosystem and working knowledge of OTT video distribution technology/architecture.
• Familiarity with both cloud-based acquisition workflows and more traditional satellite/fiber workflows.
• Strong knowledge of live streaming workflows and encryption technologies.
• Proven track record as a problem solver in stressful situations.
• Impeccable communication skills. Comfortable presenting information to executives in multiple organizations.
• Must provide consumption reports to key stakeholders.
Hiring Salary Range: $110,000.00 - 125,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.