Senior Lead, Post Production Engineering
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2023 6:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Senior Lead, Post Production Engineering jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Lead, Post Production Engineering postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The Senior Lead Engineer is responsible for the continued improvement, optimization, and innovation of CBS News' post-production editing environment at our Washington DC Bureau. Collaborating with the Senior Director of Production Technology, the Senior Lead Engineer will be responsible for critically important support and post-production technology in a live news environment. The role will also play a key part in transitioning CBS News' post-production environment into the cloud. Candidates should have significant post-production technology experience, possess a cloud-first mentality, strive to be ahead of the curve' and challenge the status quo.
You have a keen spirit of innovation and understand that providing continued value is critical to our business.
• 7 years of experience providing support for Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, Avid Nexis,
Avid Media Central Cloud UX and Adobe Creative Cloud, preferably in a live broadcast environment.
• Cloud proficient with the ability to build, deploy, configure, and troubleshoot AWS cloud
Infrastructure and workflows; similar experience with Azure or GCP are also applicable.
• Proven track record with innovation and bringing proof-of-concepts to production.
• Solid ability to collaborate and build rapport with peers, partners, and collaborators
• Current Avid Certified Support Representative Certification â€'' Elite level preferred
• Knowledge of HD, UHD, HDR cameras, workflows, and trends
• Knowledge of various audio and video containers, codecs, resolutions, and frame rates
• Windows domain administration and Linux administration
• Handle all media assets and metadata across on-premises and cloud post-production systems
• Troubleshoot and implement corrective actions to overcome technical issues impacting all postproduction workflows
• Train and develop documentation for editors and producers
• Work with vendors, drive feature requests, and build bug reports
• Initiate standard operating procedures and act as point of contact for the user community
• Experience with file-transfer tools (Aspera, Signiant) and file-sharing tools (Sony Ci, Frame.io)
• Experience with remote access tools such as Leostream, HP Remote Boost, Teradici or similar
• Advanced knowledge of enterprise infrastructure (network switches, firewalls, TCP/IP, AD, DNS)
• Knowledge of encoding and/or transcoding systems such as Telestream or similar
• Experience with SRT and NDI protocols
• Working knowledge of Microsoft image deployments using SCCM/MDT
• Perform hardware, firmware, and software updates
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to support the needs of an on-air News environment
Hiring Salary Range: $135000.00 - 160000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.