Senior Director Production Networking & Content Delivery
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/13/2023 11:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Senior Director Production Networking & Content Delivery jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director Production Networking & Content Delivery postings
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount Production & Operations is a centralized organization within Paramount Technology, partnering with Production as one unified group to deliver all facets of production and post production related services. We are hiring a Sr. Director, Production Networking & Content Delivery. Collaborating with the VP Post Production Operations, this role will be passionate about delivering reliable and robust content infrastructure solutions to our fast-paced business critical production environments. They will partner with both internal and external teams across the Paramount family to achieve excellent product deployment and support for our clients. In addition, this role will exhibit high levels of experience in IP networking, Post production processes relating to live events and long form series production and content delivery services.
• Determine & implement on-site content distribution and networking requirements for all internally produced events and long form series. Responsible for the following on a per production basis:
• Evaluate production goals and translate into a list of networking and content delivery requirements; attending technical scouts and production meetings as required.
• Engage internal and external networking resources to determine availability and cost of resources.
• Assemble and present site level networking solutions and associated costs to supervisor and production management for approval
• Place networking orders with internal partners and external vendors as necessary to achieve approved site goals.
• Collaborate with on-site tech management to improve utilization of existing fiber runs and IP transmission to further networking goals.
• Provide clear direction to on-site resources such as Paramount Networking, IT and external vendors to complete agreed upon plans.
• Perform on site testing of agreed upon workflows prior to production use, provide updates to VP, Post Operations as to efficacy and readiness as appropriate.
• Observe health of networking deployment and directly intercede as necessary to ensure success of infrastructure plan and client distribution goals.
• Clearly communicate status of site infrastructure, call out current challenges and solutions to VP, Post Production Operations.
• Provide production with clear data and timing as to completion of site goals.
• Provide post-mortem evaluations of site infrastructure, including metrics on usage and uptime.
• Product manage a full offering of dependable high speed content delivery solutions designed specifically for critical production environments.
• Continually evaluate and report Bi-Annually on existing internal technology offerings for reliability, cost, and ease of use in production environments. (Signiant, Aspera, Lucid Link etc..)
• Maintain user lists, and applicable performance data on department supported products
• Advise and educate internal colleagues as to standard methodologies and utilizations of supported content delivery solutions.
• Streamline dashboard access and visual status tools for production focused colleagues.
• Lead a monthly regroup with Paramount networking, content delivery, info sec, and IT support teams to directly align production needs within the organizations IT priorities.
• Research new technologies and solutions in the networking and content distribution space, attending informationals and tech conferences as required.
• Determine where new solutions could fit in the production pipeline, developing POC projects around those solutions.
• 10 years professional experience in production, post-production, and content delivery technology areas
• High level Experience with post-production video assets, formats, and their transformations.
• High level experience with wireless on-set networking deployments and infrastructure; including LTE, 5G bonded transmission, applicable antenna designs and their applications.
• Experience working and operating in an on-set environment.
• Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics, television or cinema production is preferred or equivalent applicable experience
• 5 years working in remote production environments
• Prior experience and have deployed and supported UDP Transfer products (Signiant, Aspera, File Catalyst etc.)
• Expert level experience with enterprise network architecture and security protocols
• 5 years experience supervising staff and additional Production Operations & Technology resources as applicable to completing production goals.
• Experience managing budgets in conjunction with applicable production teams on a per project basis.
• Ability to understand, implement and troubleshoot complex post-production, content delivery and IP networking workflows and/or systems.
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Work within a remote â€œtentpoleâ€ environment.
• Seamlessly collaborate with internal and external technical teams to achieve project objectives determined by supervisor.
• Excellent prioritization, good client skills, problem solving ability, and strong self-motivation.
• Availability to travel as required by production or departmental needs.
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of Paramount Global, MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Hiring Salary Range: $145,000.00 - 165,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.