Senior Creative VP Italy
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 12:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Creative VP Italy jobs in Milan-TN
Search all Senior Creative VP Italy postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Networks International, a unit of Paramount Global is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Paramount brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
For the Paramount international tv studios we are looking for a creative vp to join the team in Italy.
The role sits within PTIS and you would be based in Italy and reporting into the Head of Creative for Europe who reports into the President of Broadcast and International Studios. You will be responsible for managing a Creative Exec and the development slate across all genres, with a particular focus on scripted productions, which then feeds into Paramount Italy and Paramount International commissioning slates. You will also be across all productions from production to delivery, focusing on editorial and talent/casting.
• Identifying commercially and editorially strong projects and IP and negotiating bringing them onto the slate;
• Establish Paramount in the Italian production sector as a leading creative partner;
• Managing a Creative Exec and overseeing all creative and editorial input;
• Overseeing projects from inception and development, through to greenlight, production and delivery;
• Working with third party production companies and consulting on writers rooms, casting and directors, feeding back creatively on scripts and edits;
• Editorial and creative input on shows in production;
• Approving writer and talent terms alongside BALA on behalf of Paramount;
• Liaising with third party producers on creative and editorial decisions including giving approvals where needed;
• Orchestrating frameworks to achieve the company's DE&I initiatives;
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with agents, producers and talent;
• Assessing submissions from producers, agents and writers and responding accordingly;
• Identifying projects suitable for both the development slate and seeking greenlights from P ;
• Collaborating with P Italian and International teams to build a slate of Italian originals for P that have the ability to travel and work in other European P markets;
• Work closely with the Head of Europe to align the Italian studios agenda into the larger corporate strategy.
The skills we would like you to have:
• Demonstrate ability to work with talent such as casting directors, directors, agents and on-screen talent, actors;
• Proficient in managing relationships with production companies at MD level;
• Demonstrate ability to be able to negotiate writer's deals alongside prodco and BALA team;
• Candidate Attributes 10 years of experience as a Head of Development for scripted content, high-end drama; •
• Extensive knowledge of the broadcasting industry and output across the UK and internationally;
• Network of key agents and new talent within the Italian industry;
• Keen understanding of story narrative with the ability to interpret creative intentions, to contribute to the generation of ideas and the resolution of script issues;
• Ability to identify commercial and artistic merits of scripts and pitches, and other IP such as books or podcasts for adaptation.
• Ability to seek out and identify the potential of emerging talent;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to positively lead feedback with creative teams;
• Ability to operate flexibly, to work as a productive member of a team and to manage a variable workload by exercising initiative and assessing priorities but referring issues upwards where appropriate;
• Proficiency with office and information technology including effective database management, ability to use presentation and script editing software.
We are looking forward to hearing from you if this role could be a match with your profile!
Paramount Networks International, is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Paramount brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.