ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA)
We are hiring a senior-manager level copywriter who conceptualizes, writes and sometimes supervises print, video, experiential, presentation and digital materials that promote and position Paramount and its brands and businesses for key internal, partner, and consumer audiences across all media.
Projects include, and are not limited to:
• Ads and Campaigns (print, digital, on-air)
• Digital activations
• Video (sizzles, corporate, pro-social, etc.)
• Branding and Identity
• Marketing strategy and positioning
• Experiential materials
• Print Materials (invitations, cards, signage, etc.)
• Conceives, develops and writes original, creative materials that effectively communicates a client's business objective while reflecting the Paramount brand..
• Has deep understanding of the company (Paramount business, priorities and strategies) and the media/entertainment industry.
• Builds client relationships and develop strong working partnerships.
• Meets regularly with editorial/brand strategy team to discuss process, creativity, strategy, departmental and company priorities and more.
• Drive projects forward as a strategic and creative leader.
• Manages copy and content processes from concept to completion.
• Coordinates junior writer and intern projects when appropriate/needed.
• Developing and writing original, creative products that effectively communicate a client's business objectives.
• Maintain editorial excellence in own work and work of others as necessary
• Maintaining and enforcing overall editorial style
• Responsible for budgets on each specific creative project
• Builds relationship with business partners to help increase distribution for all networks, thus growing company revenue.
• Meet strict project deadlines, thus avoiding late charges and allowing for quick release of corporate materials.
• Undergraduate degree with English or Advertising major preferred.
• 6 years demonstrated experience in copywriting, marketing, strategic branding, editorial writing, speech-writing and copy editing at a high level.
• Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills
• Can develop and complete effective creative concepts based on strategic foundation
• Ability to give and take feedback to build successful ideas and executions
• Manages copy and content on projects from start to finish
• Approaches challenges and roadblocks with ideas; can encourage others to do so as well
• Can lead/drive brainstorms
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to be innovative and creative
• Ability to adhere to deadlines is a requirement
• Ability to proofread and edit own work
• Has knowledge of Apple operating system and experience with software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Apple Keynote; Outlook; Slack
• In-house or other agency experience preferred. Media industry experience preferred.
• Ability to think conceptually and find innovative ways to bring copy and imagery together to tell compelling stories.
• Can work well under pressure and prioritizing many projects at the same time while adhering to and directing processes
• Writing in a variety of styles (ad copywriting, speech-writing, long-form editorial writing, etc.) and voices while adhering to Paramount brand (on most projects)
• Presenting work to clients.