Senior Coordinator, Pclo
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/7/2022 5:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Coordinator, Pclo jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Coordinator, Pclo postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Senior Coordinator, Licensing, Rights & Clearances. The Production Clearances and Licensing Operations Team negotiates rights, permissions and secures costs for the use of non Paramount footage and other third party media used in Paramount Media Networks programming. This team researches and reviews copyright ownership information, draft, and prepare licensing contracts for execution and analyze programming rights information for internal and external clients. They also vet content to ensure that rights and clearances are in place.
The Senior Coordinator will be involved in negotiating favorable rates and securing rights to third party materials (footage, photos, fonts, etc.) for use across key projects; working closely and interacting regularly with production, production management and within the business and legal affairs department; finalizing, recording, and tracking rights information and all aspects related to licensing; and functioning as a project leader on special assignments.
• Work across multiple clearance teams on projects that may include short and long form programming for digital and linear platforms, promos, third party productions, in-house productions, re-clearances, podcasts, consumer products, and more
• Facilitate clearance requests by working closely with content producers in researching copyright ownership and by researching rights to pre-existing Paramount material as necessary
• Guide and advise content producers (internal and third party) throughout all stages of production. Work as a collaborator, providing realistic advice and suggesting alternatives while at the same time implementing Paramount policy and practices
• Negotiate licenses and permissions with copyright owners of film, TV, photography, viral videos, video games, digital content, books, magazines, etc.
• License in rights that cover Paramountâ€™s exhibition across multiple platforms including linear, digital, social media, mobile apps, games, podcasts, and more.
• Working alongside Legal, review content for legal matters including Public Domain, Fair Use, Defamation and Rights of Publicity
• Collect, review and approve show deliverables including license agreements, guest releases, etc. to ensure they conform to negotiated terms
• Regularly communicate clearance costs to Production via tracking grids. Work closely with Production proactively suggesting cost-saving options and alternatives
• Report discrepancies or missing information to Production and follow up to ensure accurate completion
• Maintain contract files and tracking reports for all assigned programs/projects and ensure that licenses are completed and paid in a timely manner
• Vet content prior to posting, to ensure necessary clearances are in place and route to Paramount attorneys when necessary.
• Participate in workshops for client groups, and build and foster good working relationships within Paramount and the licensing community
• Track and process all payments
• At least 3 yearsâ€™ experience in the television/music/entertainment field, preferably in a rights & clearances, or licensing capacity
• BA in Television, Film, Communications, Publishing, Business or similar area preferred
• Working knowledge of legal concepts related to licensing
• Ability to read and analyze license agreements
• Expertise in licensing for all types of media platforms
• Prior negotiating experience a plus
• Established relationships within the licensing community
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Familiarity regarding Public Domain, Fair Use, Defamation and Rights of Publicity