Senior Analyst, International Tax Compliance
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Paramount Tax Department is seeking a Senior Analyst for the Companyâ€™s non-US operations. Reporting to the Senior Manager of International Tax Compliance, this role supports the US tax compliance function of the international operations of Paramount Global. The individual will interact most closely with international tax team and local accounting personnel at the various business units
Success in this role is dependent on attention to detail, great communications skills and being a consummate team member.
• Preparation and/or review of US tax forms 8858/5471/8865 using Corptax software
• Prepare international tax calculations including but not limited to Subpart F, Section 951A, Section 250, and foreign tax credit
• Prepare schedules and draft responses to IRS examiner queries in connection with the international portion of the Federal audit
• Prepare and maintain tax attributes such as earnings & profits and tax basis
• Research tax issues for planning and compliance purposes and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions
• Assist in review and analysis of transactions to determine any tax and reporting impact
• Monitor current and proposed legislative developments, US and foreign, to determine any potential impact to the organization
• Handle administrative IRS international matters (Form 8832 entity classification elections and Form SS-4 EIN applications)
• Coordinate and analyze annual data information requests with business units
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting or relevant Finance field is required
• 3 years of US tax compliance, international experience (Forms 8858/5471/8865) is preferred
• Experience with Corptax software is a plus
• Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP financial statements, general ledgers and local statutory reporting
• Understanding and research experience within the Federal Income Tax Code and Regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and collaborative teammate!
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Strong commitment to meeting deliverables timely and effectively
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $74,400.00 - 98,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.