Security Operations Center Manager
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2023 6:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Security Operations Center Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Security Operations Center Manager postings
Full Time Job
Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount is seeking a US Based Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager to join its Global Information Security Group. This position will be a vital leader of the Threat Response team by monitoring, detecting, responding and remediating threats facing our company with the support of SOC analysts and incident responders globally using a wide variety of tools. As the SOC leader, the candidate will be responsible for shaping and maintaining a more mature and integrated framework for incident response, triaging incidents, security monitoring and supporting security engineering projects to improve Paramountâ€™s cybersecurity defense posture with automation, orchestration and analytics.
• Serve as the overall point of contact and 24/7 escalation point for the SOC.
• Frequently collaborate with Threat Response team leaders to advise and coordinate operational activities including notable threats, active incidents, and situational awareness.
• Responsible for SOC analysts who continuously perform monitoring and triage of collected information and alerts to determine what is actionable.
• Aim to achieve operational objectives by monitoring and implementing operational processes, practices, and standards of the SOC.
• Handle concerns for detected anomalous activities, vulnerabilities and threats to Paramount worldwide, aiding the SOC in tuning the alerts to improve efficacy while acting as an incident commander during high severity incidents, if necessary.
• Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
• Planning of shift schedules, staffing needs, performance assessments, training and coaching/mentoring for SOC team.
• Build and maintain documentation/knowledgebase of playbooks, processes, procedures and archival of security incidents.
• Develop and maintain objectives, trend analysis, metrics and KPIs supporting the departmentâ€™s strategic direction and continuously improve SOC capabilities.
• Advise management on cybersecurity tool selection to satisfy SOC functions and to address security gaps.
• Work with vendors, consultants or experts as appropriate for managed services or implementation of new technologies.
• Work with department leads to transform the SOC to an industry-leading organization.
• Availability during off-hours and holidays.
• 5 years of technical security experience, with 2 years of experience leading a cyber incident response or security operations team within a large enterprise organization.
• Deep technical understanding of SIEM, SOAR, EDR, firewalls, network and email security tools with a variety of enterprise IT and cloud-based architectures and technologies, such as networking, server infrastructure, operating systems, web applications, databases, containerization and mobile.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with executive management.
• Excellent operational rigor with extensive real-world experience leading and responding to large scale, complex incidents.
• Ability to create shift schedules to ensure 24/7 availability and coverage by support personnel during off hours.
• Solid grasp of common cyber frameworks and models such as the MITRE ATT&CK, D3FEND, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, Pyramid of Pain, DeTT&CT and modern penetration testing techniques.
• Minimum of one of the following certifications: CISSP, SANS GCIH, GSOC, GSOM, GCIA, GPEN, GMON, GCDA, GDAT or certifications relating to security operations or incident response.
• Good understanding of incident response processes, workflows, communications and reporting, issues and cross-department collaboration.
• Strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple high visibility issues simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, verbally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
• Familiarity of the cyber threat landscape including threat actors, tactics, tools and procedures, and effective countermeasures.
• Knowledge of common techniques used by malware and threat actors and industry standard lexicon.
• Superb communication (written and verbal) skills with ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate large volumes of information in a clear and succinct manner with careful attention to detail.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in a related field or equivalent experience is desirable.
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $135,000.00 - 170,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.