ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount being a global subscription based streaming service, is expanding to 10 to 12 markets in the next 2 to 4 years as well as expanding on to new Smart TV platforms. As there is a growing need to be able to plan, schedule, coordinate software releases across multiple platforms (and growing) and multiple regions & countries (and growing), we need an additional international focused release manager.
We are the PMO for Paramount at ViacomCBS Streaming, that boasts unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our program managers, release managers, project managers and scrum masters bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same!
The Paramount Release Manager is responsible for communicating, scheduling, planning, and facilitating the software's deployment process and release cadence. He/she will be responsible for working in collaboration with the DevOps, QA, PMO, Product and other release managers to deliver the global consumer facing software updates as part of our monthly software release trains. As there are a lot of apps in the ecosystem of our global streaming service, the Release Manager must have a working knowledge of how Roku, iOS, Android TV, AMZ Fire TV, and Fire TV apps are submitted for approval/certification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partnering with other release managers on the Agile Release Train, and find opportunities for aligning Paramount international release activities with existing Paramount USA release activities where it makes sense
• Effectively communicate Release Schedules to scrum teams, including when Release Candidates should be cut, when regression should start/end, and deadlines for submitting builds to stores in advance of release
• Effectively communicate to stakeholders when releases are expected
• Support the creation, and improvement of a continuous delivery pipeline by promoting DevOps practices within the organization
• Assist scrum teams in delivering value on a predictable cadence
• Understand what features have been prioritized and targeted for an upcoming release
• Partner with Product Owners and Scrum Teams to align on prioritized features and/or bugs for Full Releases, Hotfix Releases, etc.
• Responsible for scheduling & facilitating Release Syncs leading up to RC and Target Release Date
• Track delivery of metadata, marketing assets and other submission materials
• Responsible for tracking and recording all core features, submission dates, certification status, client build numbers and release dates on Release Pages in Confluence
• Responsible for communication to stakeholders on release days with the following information: Clients, Features, Release Status, etc.
• 5 years of proven work experience as a Program/Project Manager
• Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or XP teams to deliver solutions
• Experience managing software releases of large-scale programs
• The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to present to executive management
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity, set direction, and influence those not under direct line of management
• Has experience submitting apps to either Apple, Google, Amazon, or Roku stores.
Location: East Coast