Qe Automation Engineer- Video Platform
ParamountSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/19/2023 8:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Qe Automation Engineer- Video Platform jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Qe Automation Engineer- Video Platform postings
Full Time Job
QE Automation Engineer- Video Platform
QE Automation Engineer- Video Platform is responsible of all aspects of the testing and validation of consumer-facing products prior to production deployment. This Engineering role will be responsible for video testing across multiple platforms and projects including regression testing, smoke testing, and ad-hoc testing. Being a representative from the Video QE team, we work closely with Product Management and Engineering. This role requires going beyond running test cases, as it will be responsible for ensuring the requirements of the Video Engineering team are being met. This role requires the ability to facilitate and lead automation processes including code quality and making overarching technical decisions, as well as collaborating with the QE Engineering team!
• Build and maintain automated tests across various components of the Video Platform for the Paramount and CBS Digital Streaming Applications
• Analyze and adjust automation architecture to make it scalable, deliver high-quality automation artifacts, adhere to process and follow the Standards and Best Practices in OOP Methodologies.
• Ownership of automation tasks, collaborate with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identify potential gaps in the same, and deliver in-sprint automation goals.
• Implement different levels and types of (video quality and playback testing) such as smoke, functional, compatibility and regression tests using automated scripts across RokuTV, iOS, Android, and OTT.
• Maintain and report automation test metrics for all active projects to include code coverage, test case coverage, traceability and KPI(s) to the Video Engineering Team.
• Perform webcam video recording - run test on capture (image processing and computational audio) HDMI Video capture - run test on HDMI recording, Take screenshots and run tests using image processing
• Industry experience and successful track record in video application and video playback testing on SmartTV, RokuTV, gaming consoles (PlayStation, xBox) and Set Top Boxes.
• Experience in CI using Git, Jenkins Pipeline, Docker and/or similar tools
• Experience building UI Automation on various platforms like Web, Mobile, and OTT Devices.
• Hands-on experience building API Automation using RESTAssuredâ''¢, Postman, and/or Charles Proxy
• Experience building tools and utilities for use by other QE Automation Engineers.
• Strong communication , organizational and interpersonal skills!
• 4 years of developing test automation in advanced Java, Selenium, Appium, TestNG, Cucumber, and RESTAssured API Automation
• BA/BS in computer science or related technical field
• Experience in Multi-media or Entertainment fields
• Familiarity with media encoding/playback
• Knowledge of Caption formats Video Containers, Audio Codecs
Will you be the right fit for this team?
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000.00 - 110,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.