Full Time Job
Publicist (Paramount )
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Paramount is coming to the UK! A direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, combining live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment, from our iconic, ViacomCBS brands, like BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon & Paramount Pictures. What better time to get involved in ViacomCBS' biggest game changer in the history of the company!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive and where our employees make it unique.
Is this the role for you?
• Can you spot a story and create great promotional content to support it?
• Do you love speaking to people and working with an array of partners?
• Does working in entertainment and being part of something new excite you?
What will you be doing?
This exciting Publicist role is perfect for a dynamic and enthusiastic self-starter to join our creative comms hub, focussing on the hugely anticipated Paramount content.
• Liaising with production companies to ensure delivery of promotional assets.
• Careful handling of screeners and their distribution being aware of any restrictions. Partnering with Legal to ensure all assets shared with third parties are cleared and aligned.
• Developing digital & online coverage by developing contacts across a variety of websites and placing clips, pictures and news pieces
• Nurture key relationships with influencers, digital outlets as well as traditional print, online and broadcast media
• Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive coverage across a broad media and influencer spectrum; Advise on press angles and take part in PR Hub brainstorms and creative thinking process.
• Monitor media platforms and moments in time to find opportunities
• Execute interviews for and write up press packs for programming across brands
• Execution of campaigns briefed in for priority new shows & events; developing and pitching news stories, features and talent interviews when resource requires
• Supporting the awards committee and leading on writing awards submissions and channel of the year documentation
• Producing coverage reports post campaign
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• Strong publicity skills with understanding of the media landscape editorial requirements and what makes a story – a keen 'nose for news'
• Solid experience within PR/TV/Streaming/Entertainment/media industry with good TV/Streaming contacts both editors and critics.
• Experience in running a reactive and pro-active press office, handling incoming press enquiries and raising any crises led issues
• Polished communications professional with excellent negotiating, presenting, and relationship management skills
• Experience with talent management from facilitating photo-shoots to stunts and press junkets, to diary management, travel bookings, facilitating departmental requests and ensuring talent represent the brand
• Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Ideas generation to help keep the team creatively vibrant and encourage creativity and proactivity within the brand PR team
• Demonstrable understanding and experience of the social media landscape and platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, Vine, Instagram etc
• Ability to manage both traditional and digital publicity strategies, from programming to brand and music led events, working closely with the Senior Publicity Manager
• Flexible mindset with a genuine passion for brands, youth culture, comedy & entertainment
• Key point of contact for both youth publicity projects and also support teams and projects across the VIMN portfolio
• Work collaboratively in an integrated team to support business objectives and create impactful 360 campaigns
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
Find out more about Paramount from leaders
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination : We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration :We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manage through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability : We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next