Manager, Public Relations
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount , the streaming service from ViacomCBS, is currently seeking a Manager, Public Relations based in the New York office. This position will help drive the publicity efforts for original programming by leading day-to-day press relations, while also giving to the overall communications strategy for Paramount 's current and upcoming slate.
Under direction of the Director of Communications, the Manager, Public Relations will coordinate responses to media requests, craft story angles and proactive pitches, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, and support series and talent-focused events such as premieres and press junkets.
In addition, the role will work closely with the Paramount and ViacomCBS Streaming Communications team and cross-functional internal teams. This role will also work with counterparts throughout the broader ViacomCBS Corporation, including its studio and entertainment functions.
• Pitch programming and related stories to trade and consumer press, lead incoming media requests, and develop close working relationships with members of the media.
• Help with organization of panels, satellite media tours, set visits, press junkets, screenings and special events (premieres, festivals, etc.).
• Cover talent press opportunities including interviews, press junkets and events.
• Assist in the development of crafting talking points, press releases, status reports, press lists and other materials.
• Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for Paramount Originals.
• Assist in handling award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gathering supporting materials.
• Work with the photo team to help handle unit photography coverage.
• Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support series launch campaigns.
• Lead pertinent materials on the Paramount press site.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least 3-4 years of hands-on media relations experience in the television/entertainment industry is needed, preferably with previous streaming publicity experience.
• Shown ability to build communication campaigns that align with business objectives.
• Creative ability to generate new story angles.
• Can handle many projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work assignments, and meet deadlines
• Analytical problem solver who has strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.