ParamountLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Program Manager has primary responsibility to plan, track, and deliver the projects to which they are assigned. They will identify key partners and help define the project objectives. The Program Manager leads projects according to ViacomCBS-approved project frameworks, including both Agile and Waterfall project management approaches. They must be able to take an active senior leadership role in the team and create an environment that develops the prescribed standard methodology methods and processes. Finally, the Program Manager must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, advance if necessary, and work across the organization to implement the project.
The ideal candidate will partner with Program/Project Managers and/or Scrum Masters to promote collaboration and coordination amid contending priorities to ensure strategic and tactical product goals are delivered. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be effective at facilitating meetings and common waterfall and agile ceremonies.
This role will have specific focus on projects and programs for the Media Supply Chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand primary partner program needs and establish/improve practices to effectively deliver against those needs
• Excellence & ownership in program/project Delivery for multiple strategic priority initiatives
• Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
• Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution
• Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
• Identify and handle risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
• Lead dependencies and risks within and across programs
• Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery
• Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and various subject areas across the enterprise
• Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums, where applicable
• Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
• Assist in fine-tuning framework for cross-team communication, coordination of integration among components, and related governance
• Demonstrating plan tools, run projects and their interdependencies to ensure achievement adherence and integrity of the delivery
• Handle multiple initiatives/projects concurrently (as needed)
• Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
• Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration (e.g. quarterly planning), playing a crucial role in collaborating with end users and business partners.
• Maintain relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
• Partners with Tech Finance for reporting on program budget actuals/forecast & benefit realization breakthroughs
• Ensures visibility through centralized Reporting
• Focuses on removing Impediments/blockers and improving Delivery results
• Cross-Program Oversight & Interdependencies
• SOWs, Work Order â€'' Initiation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
• Independently lead activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
• Participate in knowledge sharing forums to encourage program and project delivery excellence
• Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
• Be an advocate for delivery excellence and challenge practices that impede quality
• Organized Problem solver. Prioritizes thoughts easily, effectively, and is capable in sharing in a way that others can easily understand.
• Drive and Determination. Looking for a go getter outlook who understands how to get things done, follows up diligently, and collaborates to prioritize where thereâ€™s value. Focuses on where 80% of the value can be added as quickly and effectively as possible and helps to identify solutions as obstacles are encountered.
• Outcome Focus. There are often more than one way to achieve a goal. Understands and helps to lead teams to prioritize programs based on these outcomes to ensure what is truly needed is achieved.
• Resilience. Perseveres in the face of challenges and continues to pave the path ahead. Keeps teams motivated when facing challenges.
• Ownership & Accountability. Leads the program and the related outcomes as a servant leader, motivated to help achieve set and achieve goals.
• Tightly Aligned to Product/Eng/Ops lead. Establishes rapport and close alignment across the teams to achieve harmony/symbiosis.
• 5 years of experience in program/project management and/or related Operational/Technical experience in a well-established, hard-working software development environment
• Strong knowledge of program/project Agile/Waterfall frameworks and delivery lifecycle practices
• Solid experience in appropriately handling risks, high-pressure projects and conflict resolution
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Strong written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Solid experience using Excel, project governance tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and program reporting tools
• PMgmt/Scrum Master certification, Agile and Waterfall certifications (like CSPO, PMP, PRINCE2) highly desirable
• Experience working in a media technology environment
• Digital and linear media technologies including: broadcast playout and content transformation/workflow, scheduling systems, asset management systems, mobile applications, web sites, video delivery, and how they integrate with existing technologies
• OTT & Streaming experience and knowledge of associated business models
• Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals