Production Manager, Tentpoles, Events, Music & Specials
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Tentpoles, Events, Music & Specials (TEMS) team is looking for a new Production Manager! This team is a cross channel group (BET, CMT, MTV/VH-1, Nickelodeon & Paramount ) primarily focused on â€œin-houseâ€ or â€œinternalâ€ productions. The group has overview of tentpoles, events, music series, video programming series, and specials whether in-house or 3rd party, as well as licensed productions. Examples of in-house productions this group oversees: MTV Movie & TV Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, CMT Music Awards, BET Awards, Black Girls Rock, NAACP Image Awards, Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, CMT Crossroads, CMT Artist of the Year, Unplugged, Paramount Cradle to Stage, Yo! MTV Raps, Behind the Music, and much more. As in-house production, we coordinate all aspects of physical production; budgeting, scheduling, vendor negotiations, on-site execution, and ensuring productions are adhering to Paramount standards and policies.
• Work closely with Line Producers, PM staff, as well as, internal producers, and executives to examine the needs of each production.
• Build and supervise small to medium size production budgets and assist in ensuring all aspects of production run efficiently, keeping line producer and other production executives informed of all potential cost issues and final project actual.
• Work with line producers on production schedules to ensure all work stays inside budgetary boundaries and time constraints.
• Hire crew and project-based staff, negotiate rates of pay for production personnel
• Negotiate costs and approve booking resources, equipment and suppliers needed for each production.
• Ensure timely payment to vendors and crew by working closely with production finance and production accounting, creating POs as needed.
• Handle location bookings and arrange for necessary permissions, permits and risk assessments; as well as ensuring on-site locations are well maintained with catering, medics, dressing rooms, and other facilities needed to have a safe and healthy environment.
• Work with Line Producer and necessary counterparts to ensure that Covid-19 Protocols, health and safety rules, legal agreements, and union agreements are communicated and implemented.
• Set supervision for set-upload-out during on-site production and for shoots as needed.
• Coordinates with departments as needed ensuring all legal and safety parameters are met and all deliverables are received and distributed appropriately.
• Work with other internal groups (digital, social, press, promos, integrated marketing) to help their teams successfully capture content on-site used to support programming.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to create clear and effective lines of communication.
• Minimum of 5 years â€œhands on, on-siteâ€ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in production management roles for television or film.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with personnel at all levels, from production assistants, crew members, production staff, and vendors, to producers and executives.
• Requires a non-traditional work schedule and travel as needed.
• Previous experience creating and managing production budgets.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Experience negotiating terms and rates with vendors, suppliers, and personnel.
• Some knowledge of post-production processes preferred.
• Must handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively and be able to troubleshoot production issues that may arise with diplomacy.
• Excellent organizational skills are critical.
• Must exhibit leadership characteristics and abilities.
• Must have strong team building skills and a management style that projects calm and confidence in potentially stressful situations.
• Willingness to apply skills across brands, as needed, and determined by supervisor. (i.e. PM for CMTMA, PC for VMA, lead all aspects of health, safety & security for BET or Nickelodeon shows, etc.).
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to align performance with the goals of the department and business.
• Proficient in Movie Magic, MS Office (Word, Excel, One Drive, Power Point, Teams, etc.), Zoom, Slack, Smart Accounting, SAP, ARIBA, Concur, Scenechronize.