Production Manager Channel 5
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2023 5:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Manager Channel 5 jobs in London-UK
Search all Production Manager Channel 5 postings
Full Time Job
Is this the role for you?
The Production and Commissioning Operations team play a fundamental role in supporting the commissioning process within the UK team. The department leads and manages commercial and operational support for Paramount UK Commissions.
The candidate will be responsible for the commercial negotiation and management of all original UK commissioned scripted and unscripted original content across Paramount owned and operated services. In this role you will oversee the entire production cycle of commissioned content from initial negotiation with external producing partners, programme commission approval via the channel's BBAM (Business Board Approval Meeting) commissioning process, and the delivery of masters and paperwork to the approval of final costs reports, payments, and production close down.
What will you be doing?
• Working within the Commissioning and Programming division, manage and negotiate production budgets and schedules with third party producers and suppliers, ensuring value for money and assessing whether a production budget and schedule is appropriate for each production.
• Work strategically negotiate key commercial terms for each commission across the relevant channel platforms to achieve the best commercial position for content commissioned.
• Dynamic and diligent commercial and production risk profiling. Working with Legal Compliance and Risk Management departments to ensure all compliance, welfare, and production risks are appropriately identified, evaluated and managed across our slate of productions.
• Manage the end-to-end production process from intention to commission, through to delivery, final costs evaluation and production close down.
• Liaise with the Business and Legal Affairs department to ensure that the contract terms are accurate and PPA's are issued and signed in a timely manner.
• Support the smooth running and approval process of payments of invoices and final costs.
• Liaise with internal departments including Legal, Finance, Scheduling, Compliance, Press & Publicity, Broadcast Operations to ensure excellent communication and efficiencies are maintained.
• Liaise with Commissioning Editors and Producers to ensure all productions will be delivered successfully within our â€˜No Diversity, No Commission' framework.
• Handle a slate of multiple productions at various stages of the production cycle ensuring that all system data is update and communicated as required in real time.
• Manage day to day communication that arises from producers and suppliers, ensuring producers have access to the relevant contacts, information and advice required to enable the Producer to deliver on time and in line with channel rights, technical and delivery requirements.
• Work with the VP Production and Senior PE's on company/departmental systems and workflow, inputting into the change management of systems from creation through to implementation & identify new ways of working and support with effective implementation.
• Lead business projects as required and provide reporting if necessary.
What are we looking for?
• Vast experience in unscripted/scripted, TV Production environments.
• Relevant experience in a similar role at a mid to senior level. This could be an existing Senior Production Manager/Production Manager.
• Experienced knowledge of production content making, and the programme production cycle is essential.
• Extensive experience in budgeting, cash flow, cost analysis and knowledge of rights negotiations. Must demonstrate ability in numeracy.
• Knowledge of local and international tax credits and production incentives.
• Knowledge of industry regulations and union & Guilds i.e., Ofcom, Equity, PACT, WGGB etc.
• Knowledge of production obligations i.e., Production Insurance, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Diversity Equality and Inclusion, welfare and risk management production requirements, Duty of Care.
• Excellent critical communication and negotiation skills. Must be confident working with other departments at all levels and have excellent relationship management skills.
• Strong IT Skills including Excel, Office with the ability to quickly pick up new systems & stringent attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative, think differently and display solution driven excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team and be both proactive and reactive in your working practice, working at pace to deliver department output.
• Ambitious and engaged, with positive energy and a passion for production management and aim to succeed.
• Role model, great teamwork, positive collaboration and relationship management.
• Diplomacy, sensitivity & integrity.
Channel 5 is an award-winning public service broadcaster and the UK's third latest commercial TV station, reaching 3 in 4 of the UK viewing public each month. The channel has a diverse schedule of original programmes across genres including issue-led documentaries, popular factual, accessible history, stunning natural history, inclusive entertainment and reality, top level sport, high quality scripted programming, headline-grabbing current affairs and critically acclaimed children's and news programming. Channel 5 is a unit of Paramount Global.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you have any difficulties in applying or require access needs arising from a mobility or any other impairment please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 0207 555 1234. We can then ensure your experience and visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.