News Assignment Desk Staff Editor
ParamountFort Lauderdale, FL
This was removed by the employer on 8/19/2022 12:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for News Assignment Desk Staff Editor jobs in Fort Lauderdale-FL
Search all News Assignment Desk Staff Editor postings
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS Sports Digital, covers the full spectrum of sports, from preps to pros, and provides premium content across all digital screens. With a focus on serving fans live coverage every day, CBS Sports Digital offers exclusive access to the biggest sports events, live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, scores and statistics, and a wide range of fantasy games and advice. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices, CBS Sports HQ, 247Sports, MaxPreps, CBS Sports fantasy games, SportsLine, and SportsLive. CBS Sports Digital, a division of ViacomCBS Corporation, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 internet company. CBS Sports HQ is CBS' 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The digital network allows sports fans to watch full-day, live, anchored coverage featuring game breakdowns and the day's top sports storylines. CBS Sports HQ is currently available on CBSSports.com; the CBS Sports app for key connected TV devices including Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku; the CBS Sports mobile app for iOS and Android; CBSN; and the CBS All Access subscription service. To watch CBS Sports HQ, visit www.cbssports.com/live/!
We are looking for a News/Assignment Desk Editor for editorial oversight (vetting news, interacting with producers, developing stories, reviewing), working outside our walls to bring in content (book guests, news conferences, some live-shot coordination) while often balancing several tasks simultaneously in addition to be the connective tissue between what appears on HQ and CBSSports.com.
may include but are not limited to:
• Editorial oversight for HQ Vetting news for use on HQ, and assisting producers with newsworthiness of topics
• Write notes for and review scripts for news value, accuracy and quality
• Develop top stories and serve as the conduit for news â€'' compiling Headlines notes for HQ producers and work with news team in NYC when applicable
• Help handle content coming into the plant from news conferences and interviews to highlights
• Evaluate outside video for use in news SOTs and potential segments; ability to edit video a plus
• Responsible for some oversight of league rights and footage restrictions
• Work with producers to schedule stable of CBSSports.com writing staff for HQ hits, as well as working with our Booker occasionally for some outside guests
• Help secure analysts for use on other platforms (HQ, CBSN, CBS Sports Radio and other outlets)
• Responsible for some coordination and set up for remote/live shots Work with research group to provide stats for network productions
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum 3-4 years working in a newsroom environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Excellent English grammar and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities with experience working across diverse platforms
• Experience in digital and/or video preferred!