This was removed by the employer on 5/4/2023 10:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Media Specialist jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Media Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Network is a premium entertainment destination that pushes the limits of storytelling with bold original scripted and non-scripted series. Inspired by over a century of cinema, Paramount Network is where today's brightest stars bring the experience of the big screen to every screen with stories that are immersive, inclusive, and deeply personal. A subsidiary of Paramount Global, Paramount Network has a global reach of 234 million households across 117 countries.
Paramount Tech is seeking a Media Specialist for the Editorial Post Production Operations team. This position is responsible for maintaining efficient methods and strategies for video and audio post-production workflows. We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with a proactive problem-solving mentality who can manage day-to-day media and support needs of internal post-production teams for CMT Productions and Paramount Acquisitions. The Media Specialist should have excellent knowledge of Avid video editing tools and be able to perform tasks such as ingesting, organizing, transcoding, and archiving media assets. In addition, having an understanding for color correction workflows in Davinci Resolve is a plus.
This is a hybrid work model role based out of Nashville, TN. The ideal candidate should have a solid technical background, be proficient in post-production workflows, and possess excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with internal teams.
• Work closely with clients and the media management team to ingest and manage media across multiple storage platforms including AVID Nexis, Isilon, StorNext SAN, Qumulo, AWS Cloud, and other post-production storage ecosystems
• Participate in pre-production planning meetings with production teams for media specs, transfer, edit prep and deliverables
• Hands-on support of in-house and remote video editors, focusing on Avid Media Composer workflows, technology, plug-ins, etc
• Troubleshoot technical issues related to media assets and edit session workflows and collaborate with Post Operations, Scheduling, and Technology teams on resolutions
• Help run and maintain software and plugin updates with engineering teams
• Monitor and implement standard methodologies for media management policies
• Wrap projects and assets for archive
• Make quality control assessments of source media and final deliverable assets as needed
• Provide onboarding, training, and general editorial support on internal asset management systems and workflows
• Communicate and implement the highest standards of personal conduct in the workplace
• Provide coverage while colleagues are out of the office
• Work in a hybrid work model that can alternate between working in-office or working remotely as needed
• At least 4 years of media management, video support, or assistant editor experience with hands-on experience at post-production facilities with video editing software
• Working knowledge of Avid/Interplay/Media Central, ProTools, and Adobe Premiere
• Strong understanding of different video and audio file formats, transcoding/encoding, video storage, and data transfer systems and familiarity with asset management systems
• Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Clear communication skills among all management levels
• Knowledge of current industry software, plug-ins, and hardware
• A critical thinker and dedicated problem solver in Post Production
• Ability to work well in fast paced environment and prioritize under pressure
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, weekends, and possible holidays only if needed
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500