ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2023 3:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Research Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Research Manager postings
Full Time Job
The Streaming Research and Insights team is responsible for developing a deep understanding of Paramount streaming audiences around the world, then disseminating those findings within the company. We support Paramount and PlutoTV through various research/insights initiatives. Additionally, we collaborate with consumer insights teams in the US and abroad to champion regional findings chipping in to Paramountâ€™s vast audience expertise.
The Market Research Manager is responsible for streaming insights that help meet business objectives on behalf of Paramountâ€™s streaming brands. This roleâ€™s primary responsibility is to lead insights projects that support the streaming strategy and market/competitive landscape understanding. Other projects may explore marketing, content and product initiatives. Additionally, this role will work to identify and track critical brand/market US streaming metrics.
In addition to extensive analytical and interpersonal skills, this role requires someone who knows how to interpret data and consumer research, who has experience leading primary consumer insights projects and an understanding of the streaming landscape. They must demonstrate the ability to see patterns, connect insights among consumers and to take a leadership role in project management. A candidate with a passion for media and streaming is a must.
include, but are not limited to:
• Lead streaming insights research projects on various topics through primary/custom research that helps find opportunities for the business (in particular supporting the Streaming Strategy teamsâ€™ and Streaming Senior Management teamsâ€™ insights needs).
• Primary streaming insights projects include: exploring and visualizing the US streaming landscape, sizing various opportunities for Paramount and PlutoTV, understanding the key selling points for these streaming services, and providing insights into how these services can be improved and grow usage/subscriptions.
• Work with internal partners under the guidance of Vice President to identify key streaming needs and ensure the insights are continually addressing streaming needs. Manager should be comfortable communicating findings to leadership teams and partners.
• Support the Vice President with the ongoing project management, analysis and communication of the U.S. Streaming Tracker, monitoring awareness, brand performance and perceptions of Paramount and competitor streaming brands. Champion the use of insights and data from the project across the streaming business and collaborate with the wider streaming insights team to extract maximum value from the findings.
• Act as project manager for additional primary projects and initiatives whenever called upon. Additional areas of exploration may include various areas such as multi-platform and technology developments and usage as well as general audience insights.
• For all projects, ensure outcomes are insightful and deliver on business needs; infuse Paramount perspective into projects; shape outputs to â€˜bring the audience to lifeâ€™ and champion communication of results throughout the organization.
• Use specific syndicated insight data sources and tools and evangelize their use across the organization; leverage data for use by the wider company.
• As part of the insights team, chip in to establishing standard methodology processes and approaches, as well as the maintenance and expansion of insights tools and systems for usage of the wider business.
• Ability to lead and handle changing priorities in a complex, fast-paced business environment.
• Positive, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form professional and working relationships.
• Experience communicating project findings to internal partners.
• Experience in leading research projects that have a strong quality of insights being delivered.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is important.
• Strategic problem solver with strong analytical skills, who can find and tell a clear story based on data.
• Self-starter who is upbeat & hardworking, adaptable & customer focused.
• Naturally curious, collaborative and passionate about consumer behavior and the media industry.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
• Experience with syndicated reporting databases such as MRI/YouGov and any crosstab product experience such as mTab or SPSS is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Able to write concisely and compellingly.
• Strong PC, Excel and PowerPoint skills a must.
• Ability to respectful with a high level of cultural sensitivity.
• 5 years in media research, preferably at a media owner (TV/streaming/digital) or at a research agency or equivalent experience
• Strong experience and knowledge of primary research approaches
• Completed Bachelorâ€™s Degree, masterâ€™s level education an asset
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Hiring Salary Range: $74,400.00 - 117,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed,