Manager Streaming & Video Operations
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for Paramount . Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
We are seeking an experienced operations manager to join our team. The role requires someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital video to lead all aspects of a wide range of video related initiatives, with focus on content management systems integrations and migrations. Our ideal candidate presents good technical skills and is a problem solver with an enthusiasm for developing solutions and processes to address complex problems.
• Manage video catalog initiatives in coordination with global content teams
• Create and manage video publishing workflows
• Monitor and address video streaming related issues
• Manage technical details of video distribution and infrastructure, including integration into ViacomCBS websites, mobile and OTT applications
• Ability to operate independently, balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
• Experience with video content management systems
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative with a sharp eye for detail
• Experience with and strong knowledge of streaming video, video formats, encoding and delivery methods
• Familiarity with streaming device video capabilities
• Solid technical skills with expertise in working with XML and JSON
You might also have –
• Coding and scripting experience
• BA / BS Degree