Manager, Public Relations
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount , the streaming service from ViacomCBS, is currently seeking a PR manager based in the Los Angeles office. This position will help drive the publicity efforts for original programming on the service by leading day-to-day press relations with trade and consumer media while also contributing to the overall communications strategy and positioning for Paramount 's current and upcoming slate.
Under direction of the Director, Communications, the PR Manager will coordinate responses to media requests, craft story angles and proactive pitches targeted to national and regional trade and consumer media, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, and support series and talent-focused events such as premieres and press junkets.
Come join our team!
• Prepare press materials including releases, media alerts, statements, show synopses, talent and executive biographies, pitch letters, tip sheets, Q&As, talking points, itineraries and more.
• Help with organization of panels, satellite media tours, set visits, press junkets, screenings and special events (premieres, festivals, etc.).
• Cover talent press opportunities including interviews, press junkets and events.
• Write press releases, storylines, speeches, itineraries, and social media copy for assigned series.
• Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for Paramount Originals.
• Assist in handling award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gathering supporting materials.
• Communicate with show creators/executives, filmmakers, talent and production, as well as outside PR representatives.
• Collaborate with photo team to help lead unit photography coverage.
• Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support series launch campaigns.
• Handle pertinent materials on the Paramount press site.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least 3-4 years of hands-on media relations experience in the television/film/entertainment industry is critical, preferably with previous streaming publicity experience.
• Solid knowledge of and passion for the streaming and entertainment industries.
• Strong media relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
• Creative ability to generate new story angles.
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.
• Analytical problem solver who has strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.