Manager, Music & Media Operations and Clearances
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are looking for a Manager, Music & Media Operations and Clearances to join our team! The Manager will liaise with internal and external music and media rights and clearance departments to ensure that assigned media content (eg. photos, footage, logos etc.) whether licensed, library, stock, or original are cleared for promotional use.
The role will either be hybrid or remote (depending on the candidate's location)
• Oversee and monitor the underlying rights and clearance process from inception through completion for all Paramount promos for both Domestic and International use. Responsibilities include working closely with the Music and Media Licensing department on music, footage, and image licensing.
• Develop and propose alternative solutions when rights cannot be secured.
• Oversee the compiling and delivering of music cue sheets for all Paramount promotional elements.
• Maintain rights and clearance databases and ensure media content is noted with proper copyright information and contract terms.
• Track all third-party media being licensed by Paramount for clearance and alert stakeholders to removal dates per terms of the license.
• Oversee music and image requests ensuring that we stay within the budget allotted.
• Help to create systems for tracking 3rd party content expiration dates and informing internal groups of these dates.
• Generate quarterly licensing reports summarizing use and spend for P Domestic, VCNI & GDG
• Work with Production Finance lead to include clearance costs on music reports
• Minimum 3 years of work experience at a Television, Film, Licensing, or Media Company
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Experience leading a team
• Experience and understanding of music licensing
• Experience and understanding of third-party rights/clearances for footage, imagery, and music
• Experience building and managing databases
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously under strict deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Must be extremely well organized, self-motivated, and demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete assignments in an efficient and timely manner
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals and groups both internally and externally
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong research and negotiating skills as well as problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Asana