Manager Multi-Media Technical Production
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are seeking an experienced Media Support Manager who will be heavily focused on systems engineering processes. Candidate must have knowledge of television broadcasting and digital media technologies gained over at least 4
4 years of professional work experience.
Demonstrate ability to design, stand up, troubleshoot video/audio and network systems, including research & product evaluation and testing & test plan development.
Understands the process of implementing video/audio solutions in a 24/7 production environment.
Able to support and coordinate internal and external maintenance needs for all Media technology including: live stream ingest, high speed electronic delivery, broadcast standards and equipment, Non-linear video editing systems, legacy VTR, various video transcoding technologies, and QA across multiple OTT platforms.
• Create/test/modernize workflows for production and publishing for cbs.com by collaborating with CMS Dev team, show productions, and various ViacomCBS internal partners
• Act as escalation path for all hardware and software systems including SAN/NAS servers, Aspera Enterprise, Telestream Live Capture, MACCAPTION, and Transcoding nodes
• Go-to resource for system and process workflows as needed during off hours
• Develop and maintain good professional relations with partners, vendors, and colleagues while under deadline pressures
• Provide training and documentation of newly developed methods and processes
• Oversee live event video operations, recording and streaming for tentpole events
• Oversee ramp-up post on-boarding for imminent volume increase
• Develop workflows for new publishing requirements such as 4K/UHD, HDR, HDR10, etc
• Create scheduled live captures of international and alternative programming
• Prepare technical aspects for tentpole or live streaming events (Grammys, Tonys, Superbowl)
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or 4 years training & experience in Post Production engineering
• 4 years of experience working with Apple OSX or Microsoft Windows based computers systems in a production environment
• 4 years of experience working with video editing, composing and production applications and production workflows
• Well versed in video codecs, compression, file format standards and video transformation
• Understands TV Mastering including frame rate conversion, Inverse Telecine, standard broadcast video and audio requirements including The Calm Act and CC & SAP requirements
You might also have -
• Enthusiastic and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment
• Must be efficient, well organized, detailed oriented and have good follow through skills
• Ability to work on multiple open items simultaneously.
• Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing