Manager, Global Streaming Research & Insights
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Paramount Global Streaming Insights is responsible for developing a deep understanding of Paramount streaming audiences around the world, then disseminating those findings within the company. Through multi-country research and insights initiatives, we support the Paramount International streaming teams. We collaborate with consumer insights teams in the US and abroad to champion regional findings and coordinate global results, contributing to Paramount's vast audience expertise.
The Paramount Global Streaming Insights Team is seeking an enthusiastic Manager, Global Streaming Research & Insights to lead international consumer insights projects on behalf of Paramount's streaming brands, Paramount and Pluto TV! The Manager will work on product-specific insights projects including, but not limited, to product usability and product experience/UX research. Additionally, the manager will help support the team's responsibility for providing consumer-driven insights on the rapidly changing, complex media and entertainment landscape and will work on projects covering a wide range of streaming as well as general audience insight. The position requires excellent analytical skills and superior attention to detail as well as the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers. They must have experience managing primary consumer insights projects and experience internationally is preferred. A passion for media is a must. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. The role will be based in New York.
• Working closely with Vice President and the wider team to design, field, coordinate, analyze and disseminate qualitative and quantitative research projects including surveys, focus groups, product usability and product experience/UX research, online research, ethnographies, and trend analyses. Subjects primarily focus on streaming products, but could also extend to media and technology developments and usage as well as general audience insight areas.
• Conduct delegated primary and secondary research projects in-house or through external vendors; engage, direct and supervise vendors where relevant; infuse Paramount perspective into projects; ensure outcomes are insightful and deliver on business needs; craft output to â€˜bring the audience to life' and champion the wide communication of results throughout the organization.
• Build insights presentations using both primary and secondary data sources (e.g. GlobalWebIndex, eMarketer, or other third-party research vendors) that tell compelling, strategic stories about consumer behavior.
• Work closely with wider research and insights teams to leverage developments, systems and processes where possible as well as roll out information/projects.
• Execute on some delegated RFP processes and administrative tasks for primary research projects including Purchase Orders, Finance and Legal processes.
• As part of the insights team, contribute to the maintenance and expansion of insights tools and systems for usage of the wider business.
• The ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a complex, fast-paced business environment
• Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to find and tell a clear story based on data
• Self-starter who is energetic & enthusiastic, adaptable & customer-oriented
• Naturally curious, collaborative and passionate about consumer behavior and the media industry
• Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Experience with syndicated reporting databases and tools such as MRI or any crosstab product such as SPSS
• Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; Able to write concisely and compellingly.
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to manage and work both independently and as part of a team
• Must be proficient in MS Office; possess expertise with PowerPoint, Excel
• The ability to be diplomatic with a high level of cultural sensitivity.
• 4 years of experience in consumer insights, preferably in the media space
• Working knowledge of primary research approaches, international product usability/UX research experience a plus
• Experience working in an international environment
• Bachelor's degree