Manager, Accounting and Finance TV Studios
ParamountStudio City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/14/2022 2:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Manager, Accounting and Finance TV Studios jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all Manager, Accounting and Finance TV Studios postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Manager, Television Development Finance & Accounting is an exciting and hands-on position that will lead a team responsible for tracking CBS Studios' Development commitments. The person in this role will be processing payroll and A/P for the development deals in both Oracle and Smart Accounting, creating journals to transfer Development cost to Productions and to the Development Reserve, as appropriate. Additionally, the position will be responsible for the team's accurate and timely Controllership deliverables and ad hoc reporting requests. They will lead and mentor the team of quality analysts and will also interact with cross-functional teams in Finance, Billing, Legal, Business Affairs, and Controllership.
• Lead and support for the overall Development Finance and Accounting operations, including approving payroll, A/P, journal entries, and various reporting requirements.
• Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed, and supported in accordance with company policies and internal controls
• Proactively work with Senior Director of Development Finance to ensure that actual Development payments reconcile with budgeted and forecasted payments.
• Train and develop analysts to set and successfully accomplish meaningful goals in line with the organization and department goals
• Collaborate across all levels of the organization
• Support and work closely with auditors handling audit inquiries, including facilitating and organizing the necessary deliverables
• Drive and participate in implementing/improving processes and controls to create efficiencies in the department.
• Participate in the evolution and implementation of a new ERP system, allowing for strong reporting and internal controls
• Lead and assist with ad hoc accounting and finance projects
• 3 years of Public Accounting and/or dynamic Accounting/Finance experience
• Manager-level experience preferred
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree and coursework in Financial Accounting & Reporting required
• Experience with Production Payroll and Production accounting software is a plus
• Working knowledge of ERP systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and lead multiple responsibilities under tight time frames
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, keen attention to details, and ability to prioritize and organize a significant volume of deals and related attributes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have a positive outlook, be flexible and self-motivated to learn new things and train others as needed
• Possess high level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a dynamic and growing company
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications, databases, and reporting tools