Lead IT Engineer, Digital Media & Production Technology Services
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/24/2024 10:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Lead IT Engineer, Digital Media & Production Technology Services jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Lead IT Engineer, Digital Media & Production Technology Services postings
Full Time Job
The Paramount Technology department supports our global content company through the delivery of a high-quality viewing experience, system infrastructure support, and crafting innovative ways for our employees to collaborate. If you are interested in a strategy that has growth, transformation, and on-going innovation where you can help â€œreinvent the broadcasting wheelâ€ Paramount Tech has a role for you!
We in Paramount Production Technology are hiring a Lead Engineer to provide engineering support to creative and technical end-users working in a cloud-based editorial and creative content production environment!
• Responding to the day-to-day tech support needs of video editors, graphic designers, social media producers, and content creators.
• Contributing to projects that identify, define, design, and implement the next generation of systems and infrastructure.
• Performing regular proactive technical monitoring to ensure the highest levels of performance and availability.
• Developing, solving, and improving digital media processing workflows.
• Identifying core indicators to improve system monitoring and maintaining log aggregation and application monitoring systems to generate timely alerts from these metrics.
• Authoring, updating, and improving user documentation on applications and systems.
• Developing and maintaining software scripts to automate repetitive system administration tasks.
• Staying abreast of trends in creative, technology, and consumer fields and offering recommendations that further the business and company's strategic goals.
• Minimum 4 years of experience supporting post-production and/or digital media processing workflows.
• Proficiency in supporting digital media workflows, media supply chains, editorial pipelines, and/or media asset management systems.
• Experience deploying systems in the public cloud, using both lift-and-shift and cloud-native architectures.
• Highly developed skills for client service, problem solving, and problem resolution.
• Professional experience and advanced technical knowledge of supporting Adobe Premiere, Avid, Interplay, and Media Central software (ACSR or similar certification preferred).
• Strong familiarity with digital media processing platforms (such as Telestream Vantage) and technical media QC platforms (such as Intera Baton).
• Deep understanding of industry video and audio format standards such as: 1080i, 1080p, 4K, HDR, colorspace, timecode, framerate, codec, PCM, 5.1, and Atmos.
• Advanced knowledge of AWS and/or Azure cloud deployment and administration.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux system administration.
• Experience with one or more scripting languages, such as Linux shell, PowerShell, or Python.
• Knowledge of standard methodologies to produce actionable monitoring data from Zabbix or other operational intelligence/IT monitoring tools (Splunk, Sumo Logic, New Relic, or similar).
• Familiar with at least one Infrastructure as Code platform (IaC): Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, or similar toolset.
• Knowledge of current cybersecurity standards and best practices.
• Ability to write clear and accurate technical documents, at levels of detail appropriate for end users, tech support, and other engineering staff.
• Ability to establish positive, effective working relationships at all levels through excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Love of interacting with creative professionals, video editors, designers, animators, etc.
• A bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, though equivalent experience will also be considered.
• Be adaptable, ready for change, and keep skills and mentality current.
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $110,500.00 - 123,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.