Full Time Job
Junior Publicist (Paramount )
Paramount is coming to the UK… and we couldn't be more excited!
We are a global content powerhouse and our house of brands including Showtime, Paramount Pictures, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickleodeon have shaped current events and pop culture for decades. Our content arsenal includes some of the largest and most valuable collections of entertainment in the world. Ever heard of Top Gun, Mission Impossible, Transformers, Dexter, Billions, Your Honour, The Good Fight, iCarly, Rugrats, Smurfs, Star Trek? Thought so…
All our best premium and well-known content in one service, with great local content too? It's going to be epic!
We've got a mountain of entertainment and now we need your talent to bring it all to life. You could be in right at the start of Paramount here in the UK and be part of our aspiration to being a leader in streaming. Not only that, you'll be helping to bring premium entertainment and content to millions.
Ready to play your part?
Is this the role for you?
• Can you spot a story and create great promotional content to support it?
• Do you love speaking to people and working with an array of partners?
• Does working in entertainment and being part of something new excite you?
What will you be doing?
This exciting opportunity not only means you are at the forefront of all journalist queries, but that you the first point of contact for all Paramount journalist queries. This role will be key in ensuring all assets shared with third parties are cleared and aligned, develop digital & online Paramount coverage by developing contacts across a variety of websites and be part of an incredible, collaborative team to reach overall objectives.
• Nurture key relationships with influencers, digital outlets as well as traditional print, online and broadcast media
• Work on the weekly Paramount content highlights, listings, PI to all third parties and internally when required.
• Proactive liaising with content suppliers, internally and externally
• Learn, support and work with the Paramount publicist in day to day activities
• Work closely with external agencies, supplying assets and guidance throughout
• Combine creativity with knowledge to recognise media angles and generate positive coverage across a broad media and influencer spectrum
• Execution of campaigns briefed in for priority new shows & events and collate analyses of campaigns and identify improvements and new solutions.
• Execute interviews for and write up press packs for Paramount programming
• Develop and pitch news stories, features and talent interviews when possible
• Supporting the awards committee and leading on writing awards submissions and SVOD of the year documentation
What skills do you need
• Someone with an understanding of the streaming media landscape editorial requirements and what makes a story
• Experience working in a reactive and pro-active press office, handling incoming press enquiries and raising any crises led issues
• A confident communicator with strong negotiating ability
• Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Self starter / confidence in working with senior partners across the wider business internationally
• Tech-savvy with a demonstrable understanding and experience of the social media landscape and platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, Vimeo, Instagram etc
• Excellent writing ability especially press releases, Awards submission through to strategy documents
• An interest in editing clips on FCP / Premiere would be great
• Passionate for brands, youth culture & entertainment
• Reliable and trustworthy and expects the same behaviours from their teammates
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
Find out more about Paramount from leaders
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination : We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration :We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manage through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability : We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next