Intern - Direct Tax
Part Time Unpaid Internship
In our offices located all over the world, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth, and families, for the most diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
Our Budapest shared service center supports the worldwide financial and accounting operation of Paramount and reports to the New York HQ.
Our team of three tax professionals is looking for an intern to join our Direct tax group to support our day-to-day operations and our quarterly and yearly closing processes. If you are willing to get a deeper understanding of corporate income tax and deferred tax using our tax related IT tools this team is the perfect choice for you. We are supporting mainly Europe, Australia and Africa but we are getting involved in other markets, like Latin America and Asia as well. Joining our team would give you a good overview about general corporate taxation as well as knowledge about the tax rules in each of our territories.
What you will do
You will help us support the European market with direct tax related tasks, including:
• Preparation of quarterly tax calculations,
• Tracking of tax payments and refunds,
• Tracking of filed tax returns,
• Point of contact for local tax advisors,
• Work with and present the performed work to our NY based tax director,
• Creating ad-hoc reports,
• Assisting with tax related projects as requested.
What you will bring to our team
If you have most of the skills listed below, you are the person we are looking for:
• Active, full-time training student status in a Hungarian university/ college is a must as well as the ability & eligibility to work at least 20 hours/week - Ongoing Economics/ Finance/ Accounting/ Legal BSC/ MSC studies,
• Confident business English language skills both oral and written. Hungarian language knowledge is an advantage,
• Confidence using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook),
• Interest in finance, accounting or taxation,
• Problem solving and issue resolution mindset,
• Good communication skills.
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
• We are a part of an exciting sector, a dynamic and highly inclusive multinational and multicultural entertainment company
• We have an award-winning office with a unique and supportive working environment (currently limited office visit possibility in line with our health & safety guidelines, on a long run we are planning to go to hybrid mode with 3 days expected in the office/week)
• We have complex tasks with real added value, get support from the senior leaders but also get space to work independently and also for teamwork
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
â€žBy applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom's recruitment related privacy notice (â€žNoticeâ€, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice's conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).â€
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.