Intern - Data Engineering
ParamountFort Lauderdale, FL
This was removed by the employer on 3/23/2023 8:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Data Engineering jobs in Fort Lauderdale-FL
Search all Intern - Data Engineering postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We are a passionate group providing data needs for all CBS Digital Media (CDM) properties. This includes Paramount , CBS, CBSNews, CBS Sports and related Sports Properties. Our team is made up of varying engineering roles including Data, Data Product and Ingestion Engineering. Our team is responsible for driving the CDM data strategy and best practices for data collection, Pipelines, usage and infrastructure.
The Data Engineer Intern should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data, and the ability to communicate data structures and tools throughout the CBS Digital Media organization. This engineer will help support data pipeline development which includes machine learning algorithms using disparate data sources.
The ideal candidate will also:
• work BI, Research, Engineering and Product teams to implement data-driven plans that drive the business
• work with large volumes of traffic data and user behaviors to build pipelines that enhance raw data
• be able to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions
• find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via Jupyter, SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations
• extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage
• partner with the internal product and business intelligence teams to determine the best approach around data ingestion, structure and storage, then work with the team to ensure these are implemented correctly.
• contribute ideas on how to make our data more effective and working with other members of the engineering, BI teams and business units to implement changes
• be early on collaboration with the team on internal initiatives to create strategies that improve company processes.
• Pursuing Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering with preferred major in Data Analytics/Information Mgmt./Data Science.