Human Resources Generalist
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities:
Paramount is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to serve as a business partner within the dynamic world of CBS News! The position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources who supports a global news team. The Generalist will operate in a hybrid work model.
will include providing practical advice and support on a wide range of areas designed to enhance engagement, divisional, and employee performance while working to create an inclusive working environment. The selected candidate will partner with the HR team to help implement solutions within the News organization that have a positive impact on the business.
The Generalist will play a key role in helping keep the team organized around HR, divisional and corporate priorities. They will work closely with our HR team and clients as a collaborative business partner. The ideal candidate will need to work with a resolution focused mindset and desire to create positive change. They must be adaptable to change, demonstrate strong analytical skills, communication (written and verbal), and customer service skills. They will partner to ensure the HR department's operations are running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
The Generalist will partner with the team to create and implement new workflows and systems that align with both divisional and corporate initiatives and programs. They collaborate with centers of excellence (COE) that sit within the Corporate HR function. The HR COEs provide a broad range of HR guidance for achieving business objectives that include talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, change management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, compensation, and recruitment.
This role will focus on the following duties, including but not limited to:
• Partner with key stakeholders to create a smooth employee onboarding experience for our various locations. Serve as the â€œgo-toâ€ for initial employee questions
• Create and process employee life cycle transactions including, hires, promotions, transfers, etc.
• Liaise and collaborate with internal partners such as Payroll, HRIS, and Benefits to help address and resolve day-to-day employee questions and issues
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Work with the hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team to create, track and fill job vacancies as part of our recruiting efforts; including preparing job descriptions
• Create a process to actively track and engage with new hires from offer through their first year
• Work with our leaders to ensure robust and effective goal setting and performance management processes are conducted on a timely basis
• Provide counsel to people leaders and employees on all employee relations matters; identify underlying issues, brainstorm on solutions; document process and follow up as needed
• Partnering to ensure required administrative tasks are processed in a timely fashion
• Collaborate with our legal and labor relations partners as needed to respond to information requests and resolve issues
• Identify, recommend, and coordinate individual and group training as needed
• Work with our Compensation group on assigning proper salary levels for divisional roles
• Create and maintain org charts
• Take the lead on learning and training HR and leaders as needed on new systems and workflows
• Conduct employee exit interviews, identify, and share trends and recommend opportunities to address any concerns
• Create regular and ad hoc reports and analysis in the areas of headcount, turnover
• Find opportunities to streamline processes and build efficiencies
• Stay abreast of new regulations, company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience as an HR Business Partner
• Bachelor's Degree
• Media / News experience a plus
• Effective business partner with ability to build trust
• Strategic problem solver
• Proven ability to deliver operational excellence and strong time management skills to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Excellent judgment and ability to work autonomously or as part of high functioning team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid attention to detail and follow up
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• High level of interpersonal, conflict resolution, and diplomacy skills
• People oriented and results driven
• Knowledge of HR systems and databases
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Project manage skills a plus
• Union experience a plus