ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount , the streaming service from Paramount Global, has an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator to join the Events team. The role, based in New York, will support the growing Paramount team and be involved with a wide variety of events, press mailers, marketing activations, and special projects for upcoming and current Paramount series and films.
Reporting to the Director of Events, this role will support the Paramount events team across a wide range of responsibilities.
• Work closely with and support the events team on ideating, developing, and implementing multiple types of events, activations, mailers, and special projects. Examples include traditional in-person events, experiential activations, livestream events, drive-ins, hybrid & virtual events, junkets, panel presentations, conventions, internal events, press kit mailers, junkets, nonprofit partnerships, etc.
• Attend and assist on events onsite when necessary & approved by internal safety taskforce.
• Contribute to managing team tracking documents such as calendars, long-lead planning, overall budgets, vendor contact lists, team checklists, presentations, etc.
• Work with members of the team to maintain project-level tracking documents such as budgets, workback schedules, run of show, talent & executive communications, inventories, invite and attendee lists, hotel room lists, Covid-19 health & safety documents, post-event reports and creative, etc.
• Facilitate vendor process with Legal and Accounting departments, including tracking contracts, vendor account onboard process, screener links, security & privacy assessment, invoicing, and tracking payments.
• Coordinate cross-departmental event-related meetings and notes as needed.
• Reconcile the team's purchase card and support with travel and expenses if needed.
• Research and keep abreast of industry trends, network of vendors, venues, and event production firms.
• 2 years related experience in events required, preferably with television or entertainment industry.
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree required.
• Must be meticulously organized and be able to work within tight deadlines and changing conditions without compromising attention to detail!
• Must have self-starting work ethic and thorough project management skills!
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle various projects simultaneously.
• Be able to multi-task and adjust at a moment's notice; a good problem solver.
• Must be team-oriented, collaborative, and have a get-it-done approach.
• Passion for developing a career in events and experiences.
• Spirit of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• Some weekend and after-hours travel and/or event staffing required.
• Proficiency with both Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite required.