Director VOD Infrastructure
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS & Paramount . The team is responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
• We are seeking a hardworking owner of the video infrastructure, architecture and technical product features of Video on Demand in the Paramount global streaming service.
• Candidates must have end to end VOD ingest, encoding, packaging, protection and delivery experience as well as intimate knowledge of the landscape, industry trends, standard processes, and integration points with front end applications.
• Evaluates internal and external solutions for all aspects of VOD services
• We work closely with operations, automation, product and other technical teams to analyze current state and plan future state of VOD technology and operations.
• We produce technical requirements for streaming video feature support
• We serve as VOD operations partner for numerous software developments teams throughout development process
• We drive priority of feature requests across wide range of video services and toolsets
• Architect integrations of internal and external integrations services
• Lead operational roadmap for VOD
• Lead all aspects of optimization of ingest, processing and QC processes
• Craft operational runbooks for new and existing video toolsets
What you bring to the team:
You have â€''
• Do you have experience developing and managing a team?
• Strong leadership skills
• Intimate knowledge of the VOD streaming technology landscape
• 5 Years streaming Industry experience with a focus on VOD technology implementation
• Superb written and verbal communications, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
You might also have â€''
• Experience solving the challenges facing credible streaming services
• A passion for industry leading Entertainment, News and Sports content
Hiring Salary Range: $140,000.00 - 165,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.