Director, Sports Marketing, Paramount
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Director, Sports Programming oversees the strategy and development of cross-channel go-to-market plans supporting the Paramount sports streaming experience, including Paramount exclusive sports such as UEFA Champions League and Serie A soccer and CBS broadcast simulcast sports including NFL on CBS, Masters, and NCAA basketball.
• Plan and oversee 360-degree marketing campaigns to promote sports event tune-in on Paramount , from messaging and creative development to execution to post-campaign recap and analysis
• Develop a holistic sports approach for Paramount highlighting both specific events as well as the entire sports offering
• Partner across ViacomCBS divisions to promote complementary sports programming including pre-game coverage, highlight shows, documentaries, and podcasts.
• Create a cross-channel messaging strategy to increase engagement among Paramount sports fans and enhance the sports viewing experience
• Identify and develop new marketing tactics and opportunities to drive additional viewership and subscribers within the sports ecosystem
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 years experience working in sports marketing
• Strong communication skills and ability to foster strong relationships cross-functionally
• A data-driven approach to marketing, with experience analyzing and reviewing results
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities and stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong interest in sports content, particularly international soccer
• Experience in digital subscription services and/or e-commerce
• Understanding and experience with AB/MVT testing preferred