Director, Project Management and Systems Integration
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount is seeking an individual with well-rounded experience in the television systems engineering and technical project management disciplines. This individual will have the ability to take a project from concept to completion and be a part of our strategic technology planning.
1. Project Management responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain, and track project budgets
• Develop Cost effective technical solutions and project plans
• Develop detailed scope of work for projects
• Translate technical design concepts into an actionable work plan
• Provide timely periodic status reports on projects
2-System design and engineering responsibilities:
• Transform functional workgroup goals and basic concepts into executable detailed technical designs.
• Attend and lead technical project and engineering meetings.
• Develop technical feasibility and proof of concept presentations.
• Review, interpret, and mark-up construction documentation as it pertains to technical build outs in relation to department strategies.
• Work with the engineering team on continuing development of our technical standards and equipment selection.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the engineering or technical operations area of the broadcast television industry.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent practical experience
• Experience in studio production, postproduction, and related content creation systems design and integration.
• Experienced in the design and implementation of multiplatform digital workflows.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• Qualified candidates should be prepared to present a project portfolio demonstrating process and examples of past engineering designs
• Project management certification desired.
• Ability to work in a very dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
• Problem solving ability.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion.
• Highly developed logistical and time management skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain project budgets
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office including Visio or similar diagramming tools.
• Strong working knowledge of construction documentation and the ability to work with sub-contractors.
• Strong working technical and operational knowledge of broadcast technical facilities and television production/postproduction processes and workflows.
• Strategic and process driven
• Willing to travel to other US based Paramount locations (5-10%)