Director, Post-Production Operations
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount Tech is hiring a Director of Editorial Post Production Operations. This Director Position is responsible for managing the day-to-day Post Production Operations of our facility in Hollywood, CA. They will work with the rest of EPPO West to manage the Hollywood Facility post production requests from all of the different groups that the Hollywood team supports.
The Director's main duty will be to work closely with producing teams to capture, plan and ensure that appropriate editorial resources are deployed within project timelines and budgets. They will also work alongside our Production Technologies teams to ensure the appropriate management of systems, servers, and software are being thought of for the facility, and the groups and projects that it all supports. This role requires someone with good communication skills and has a customer service approach. The Director role is an in-office position and has hybrid/remote flexibility.
• Partner with all Brands and Networks producing teams that our Hollywood Facility supports to manage post production project requirements, system allocations, and oversee editor/AE/Audio Mixer/Colorist assignments as needed.
• Create and update an ongoing list of numerous editors, mixers, and assistant editors across several projects, creative producing teams, and brands concurrently.
• Work with Operations leadership to develop and implement best practices to handle both in-house and remote post production for both Adobe Premiere and AVID workflows.
• Liaise between field production groups and Ops/Media Management to determine the best post production approach based on schedule, resources, and overall need.
• Attend weekly Partners/Producing Teams meetings to review upcoming shows, priorities, schedules, and delivery deadlines.
• Create an exceptional customer service experience with brand partners in all areas of post-production.
• Recruit, interview, and build a dynamic talent pool of editorial freelancers (Editors, AEs, Audio Engineers, Colorists) that are passionate and knowledgeable about our brands.
• Partner with the rest of EPPO West Scheduling team to ensure proper distribution of editor and audio mixing resources while addressing scheduling changes, conflicts and shifting priorities.
• Communicate with media coordinators and media managers to ensure all media is ingested, prepped, and ready for edit.
• Communicate with Production Technologies daily to update editorial system needs.
• Monitor/respond to off-hour emergency post requests as needed.
• Assist in onboarding editors and other team members to Paramount processes and workflows.
• Evaluate, document, and escalate facility and technical issues to appropriate technology teams to provide solutions for both in-house and remote teams.
• Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and demonstrate clear interpersonal skills with other employees.
• College Degree BA/BS or equivalent work experience in relevant fields preferred.
• 5 years minimum experience required in production and/or post-production.
• Must be very organized, detailed, fast paced, and adaptable to change.
• Deep knowledge of Editor and Producer roles, needs, and creative mindsets.
• Must be an exceptional communicator with various types of creatives, management, and staff.
• Thrives in a client-facing environment with a positive, customer service approach.
• Able to work well in a team-oriented atmosphere with collaborators across multiple regions.
• Is self-motivated, proactive, and can resolve issues.
• Proficient with core office software, such as Airtable, Outlook, Word, Excel, Slack, Zoom.
• Familiar with on-prem and remote post-production equipment and tools, such as Adobe Premiere and AVID Media Composer in both MacOS and Windows10 editing environments, Teradici, ZCentral Remote Boost, PCoIP, VPN Screenshare, and Evercast.
• Ability to build and preserve procedures and workflows.
• Knows the latest with all relevant industry trends and terminology as they apply to the overall job responsibility.
Hiring Salary Range: $110,000.00 - 125,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.