Director, Media Supply Chain Project Management
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Media Supply Chain Project Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Media Supply Chain Project Management postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The Paramount Technology department supports our global content company through the delivery of a high-quality viewing experience, system infrastructure support, and creating innovative ways for our employees to collaborate. If you are interested in a strategy that has growth, transformation, and ongoing innovation where you can help â€œreinvent the broadcasting wheelâ€ Paramount Tech has a role for you
Paramount Tech is hiring a Director to play a driving role in modernizing Paramount Globalâ€™s Media Supply Chain, ensuring alignment with corporate operating goals. The Director will focus on 1-2 key pillars in the Media Supply Chain that follow more traditional program management practices, although still often supported by the Agile development teams. The pillar-based responsibilities will include planning, program delivery, status reporting, and other common program activities in partnership with the product and engineering teams. One key success factor in this role is the ability to collaborate effectively and connect the dots across teams with many interrelated dependencies and challenging priorities. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to supporting the recalibration of the teams' Agile practices towards a Scaled Agile framework.
• 7 years of experience in program/project management and/or related Operational/Technical experience in a well-established, strong software development environment using both Agile (or variations thereof) and Waterfall standard processes.
• Experience in a Leadership capacity, tightly aligning with Product, Engineering, and Operations leads to deliver successful products and services. Establishes rapport and close alignment across the teams to achieve harmony and symbiosis.
• Experience leading Program Managers and Scrum Masters overseeing large, complex programs, with auditing and reporting oversight.
Domain and Technical Abilities
• Well-versed in Agile/Scrum standard methodologies, preferably across two or more large multi-year programs, preferably in the digital transformation and/or Media Supply Chain space
• Ability to implement, lead, and refine PMO ways of working and collaborating with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Customer teams following both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Experience with change management associated with refining teamsâ€™ ways of working as part of recommending and operationalizing standard processes, ideally in the digital transformation and/or Media Supply Chain space
• Ticks and ties the spirit of objects to the interdependent parts of the supply chain to help ensure maximum effectiveness in prioritization, decision making, and alignment
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Consulting experience is a plus
• Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors to establish and align on achieving business outcomes
• Exhibits mastery of methods and techniques to effectively and seamlessly communicate status updates within teams, across teams, and Leadership
• Mastery of prioritization across people, products and projects by helping teams align on where to focus and deliver the most value
• Strong written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Focuses on removing Impediments/blockers and improving Delivery results
Program Management Skills
• Strong knowledge of program/project Agile/Waterfall frameworks and delivery lifecycle practices
• Excellence & ownership in program/project Delivery for multiple strategic priority initiatives
• Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and various disciplines across the enterprise
• Extensive experience using Excel, project governance tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence) and GANTT-based planning tools to drive and handle program initiatives
• Experience streamlining tools and related communication to help reduce administrative overhead for teams
• Experience operationalizing and running PI-planning sessions, scrum of scrums, and retrospectives
• Lead critical dependencies and risks/issues within and across programs, including risk mitigation plans
• Demonstrating plan tools, manage projects and their interdependencies to ensure achievement, alignment, and integrity of the delivery
• Drive and Determination. Has a go getter attitude, understands how to get things done, follows up diligently, and collaborates to prioritize where thereâ€™s value. Focuses on where 80% of the value can be added as quickly and effectively as possible and helps to identify solutions as obstacles are encountered.
• Outcome-Focused. There is often more than one way to achieve a goal. Understands and helps to lead teams to prioritize programs based on these outcomes to ensure what is truly needed is achieved.
• Resilient. Perseveres in the face of challenges and continues to pave the path ahead. Keeps teams motivated when facing challenges.
• Structured Thinker. Organizes thoughts easily, effectively, and is capable in sharing in a way that others can easily understand.
• Ownership & Accountability. Owns the program and the related outcomes as a servant leader, motivated to help achieve set and achieve goals.
• Growth Mindset. Focuses on continuously improving themself, ways of working, collaboration, etc. In addition to personal growth, focuses on team and project continuous improvements, facilitates retrospectives, and helps to track and measure improvements.