Director, Legal & Contracts, Global Content Distribution
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/10/2023 6:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Legal & Contracts, Global Content Distribution jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Legal & Contracts, Global Content Distribution postings
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Director to provide day-to-day contract and legal support to the Paramount Global Content Distribution division by timely and efficiently drafting contracts, coordinating execution of approved agreements and tracking and distributing documents. This position requires the ability to draft a high volume of contracts in accordance with approved business terms. This is a hybrid position with the expectation of attending the office (in New York, Los Angeles, or London) at least two (2) days per week.
• Draft contracts, amendments and other legal documents using established templates in connection with Paramountâ€™s worldwide television and digital distribution of motion pictures and episodic content, with a focus on pay TV, basic TV, free TV, SVOD and AVOD/FVOD
• Assist with matters related to licensing and distribution, including acquisitions, content protection, Motion Picture Association initiatives, rights conflict analysis and collective management issues
• Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to Sales, Business Affairs, Creative Affairs, Finance and Legal departments regarding contract issues
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned and directed by senior members of the Business and Legal Affairs team
• 8 years of relevant experience at a major television/motion picture studio and/or law firm
• Bachelor's degree, plus equivalent work experience with contracts
• Paralegal or other legal degree is strongly preferred
• Solid drafting skills, including strong â€œplain languageâ€ drafting skills
• Experience with agreements such as linear and digital distribution license agreements (plus experience with format licensing agreements, even better)
• Familiar with the motion picture and television program licensing process and terminology
• Capable of managing and prioritizing a heavy workload while maintaining keen attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively, consult and interact positively and professionally with management and fellow employees
• Strong analytical, writing and organization skills
• Teamwork-oriented attitude and experience operating as part of a close team
• Ability to work proactively, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions
• Adaptable to changes
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $110,500 - $125,000. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible. https://www.paramount.com/careers/benefits
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.