Director, Knowledge Management
ParamountNew York, US
Full Time Job
Director, Knowledge Management( Streaming)
*This is a 100% remote job opportunity*
Paramount Network is a premium entertainment destination that pushes the limits of storytelling with bold original scripted and non-scripted series. Inspired by over a century of cinema, Paramount Network is where today's brightest stars bring the experience of the big screen to every screen with stories that are immersive, inclusive, and deeply personal. A subsidiary of Paramount Global, Paramount Network has a global reach of 234 million households across 117 countries.
Who We Are:
This role is a dual report to the Tech Strategy and Tech Architecture teams in our Streaming division.
The Technology Strategy organization works closely with various teams across the Streaming Technology and Product groups, including teams within Paramount , Pluto TV, and the Viacom Streaming brands. The Tech Strategy team identifies the most important issues and/or opportunities and improves value by conducting rigorous analysis and developing strategic plans to address issues and/or seize opportunities. We also partner with the above mentioned organizations and teams to strategically support our entire streaming business.
The Architecture team is responsible for a comprehensive view of the end-to-end architecture of the streaming product, tying all the pieces together into a smoothly functioning system. By collaborating with the engineering teams the Architecture team advocates for consistent APIs, documentation, design reviews, runtime performance, security and system resiliency, and will often evaluate and introduce new technologies or processes to enable new features or solve existing problems within the overall system.
The Director Knowledge Management will be responsible for creating and leading an organization passionate about facilitating the sharing of technical knowledge, driving collaboration and developing communities of practice within and across Paramountâ€™ Streaming Technology teams.
You will be responsible for gathering, organizing, and disseminating knowledge as well as building sustainable, self-managing communities throughout our organization. You will be a champion for organization-wide data collection, knowledge transfer, and systemic learning so that pertinent information and experiences are shared across our teams.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have extensive experience in developing technical communities, creating and cultivating repositories of knowledge and successfully carrying out practices and processes that foster their growth. This role will be responsible for working multi-functionally to deliver, with a focus on innovation and continuous delivery of goals.
• Monitor and evaluate the knowledge management program, including benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities!
• Form a team of authorities in knowledge management processes, tools and workflows.
• Provide support for the establishment and nurturing of knowledge management communities of practice, including workshops, one-on-one mentorship, and troubleshooting.
• Provide executive presence in planning, budgeting and hiring - representing KM is a key element of all technology roadmaps.
2. Communication & Community
• Coordinate cross-team working group and center of excellence for KM
• Act as the KM leader with vision and evangelist, ensuring that KM is being practices and adopted across the leadership team!
3. KM Process and Tools
• Develop and promote a Knowledge Management (KM) program, administrative processes, and systems by demonstrating standard methodologies for KM
• Demonstrate best practices, industry-leading processes and best-in-class tools to enable and facilitate knowledge sharing.
• Develop processes and workflows to facilitate the capture and approval of knowledge throughout the lifecycle of information
• Establish and oversee integration among info sharing tools within the Tech organization; to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems.
4. Drive Sharing & Collaboration
• Ensure that Knowledge Management is firmly embedded in business processes
• Manage the development, information gathering and maintenance of tools to visualize centers of knowledge
• Oversee cross-team working group and center of excellence for KM
• Act as the KM thought leader and evangelist, ensuring that KM is being practices and adopted across the leadership team
• 10 years of experience in a related field
• 5 years of experience designing and implementing successful knowledge management programs and growing communities within the technology domain.
• The ability to think in an unexpected way / creatively to integrate problem-solving and structured thinking
• Demonstrable ability to work effectively with multiple constituents / partners, including peers and executive management
• Strong familiarity with industry leading data visualization tools
• Skilled in leading and prioritizing evolving responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
#LI - NS1
#LI - Remote