Director HR, Streaming
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Director and strategic Human Resources Business Partner to join our growing team supporting the Streaming division at Paramount Global! This individual will play a key role in partnering with business leaders to translate business objectives into actionable HR & talent initiatives. Ideally you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, as this individual will work on all aspects of people management and employee relations!
Reporting to the Sr. Director HR, you will provide solutions-focused HR guidance and best practices to help our business achieve their goals. This includes helping to attract and hire great talent, developing high potential employees and creating a great place to work and learn. Our team is a diverse and agile group that effectively collaborates with the business to shape their organizations. The teams we support work on amazing products including Paramount and Pluto TV.
• Build strategic partnerships with key department leaders to maintain and grow a culture of innovation and performance excellence.
• Understand our business and how what you do helps it accelerate at warp speed.
• Provide HR guidance and solutions to leaders on HR policy and procedures, balancing business needs with best practice.
• Provide guidance and solutions on matters related to employee performance and team effectiveness while offering feedback on style and leadership behaviors to improve work relationships, build morale, increase efficiency and drive retention.
• Coordinate programs in areas of learning & development and engagement, with a lens towards diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Design, implement, and recommend best practices in the application of HR processes, systems and policies for all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
• Partner closely with Talent Acquisition (getting roles assigned, interviewing, providing feedback, etc.) to hire a high volume of talent into our growing business.
• Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
• Manage, lead and develop more junior HR team members, providing direction, guidance and management support to build a high performing team.
• Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
• This role will follow a hybrid work model - with the expectation to be in the office 2-3 days per week.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8 years of well-rounded HR Business Partner experience
• At least 1 year management experience
• Ability to develop solid relationships across all departments, levels, and divisions
• A collaborative, consultative approach to HR
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment where we have to manage multiple (and sometimes shifting) priorities while focused on delivering great customer service and quality
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills
• Heavy employee relations experience with ability to create and implement sustainable solutions
• Passion for learning, innovation, and organizational development
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation, and benefits
• HR Certification (SHRM, HRCI) is preferred